Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble with JPEGS in Photodraw! Help!

Options
  • 31-03-2006 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm using Photodraw for graphic manipulation...

But the wierd thing is when I generate graphics within Photodraw, and save it as a JPEG file - Nothing appears in the target directory... I can save all file types including the native .mix / bmp / tiff etc... XP just won't generate a JPEG file when I ask it to from this application.

I think I had this problem before but can't remember the solution! It may have been to do with clearing my temporary internet files (if there's a LOT of JPEGS in there - can't remeber!) I've tried this (including disk cleanup of XP drive) and it didn't work...

Also when I try to open a JPEG file in Photodraw (regardless of file size - some very small) I get this error:

photodrawerror.jpg

This happens when I right click on an image and select 'open with photodraw' and when I use the open command within the application itself. I've 2 gig of memory so I can't see a lack of memory as a problem.

...I'm stumped!

I've recently installed Microsoft .Net Framework 1.1 - would this adversly effect graphic files?! (longshot!)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Hank_Scorpio

Did you try getting the update or reinstalling the programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Did you try getting the update or reinstalling the programme?

I've re-insatlled alright - no joy. There is no update - Photodraw has been discontinued by Microsoft - no support!

Well maybe there is a reason it was discontinued then. There's obvioulsy a fault with it they couldn't be arsed fixing and typical Microsoft just bring out another one so you have to buy it. May I recommend you get Adobe software instead. Photoshop is expensive but I believe there is a free and does the same job. Maybe it's called Adobe PhotoAlbum I think is free i can't remember. go to www.adobe.com

Well maybe there is a reason it was discontinued then. There's obvioulsy a fault with it they couldn't be arsed fixing and typical Microsoft just bring out another one so you have to buy it. May I recommend you get Adobe software instead. Photoshop is expensive but I believe there is a free and does the same job. Maybe it's called Adobe PhotoAlbum I think is free i can't remember. go to www.adobe.com

I have the Adobe Premium suite, but I find Photshop is a real scenic route to do the simplest tasks...

I webdesign and I've a back catalogue of templates and graphical files for photodraw... I really need this app sorted!

Well die in your own ignorance

• Advertisement

Well die in your own ignorance

:confused:

Advertisement