Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early predictions 2006/2007 season

• 31-03-2006 10:44am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭

As a steelers fan i think they will have a good run again next season but with out bettis's leadership role and randle el and a few other releases and the salary cap they prob will not win the superbowl but i hope they do.I think if the dolphins get a good draft now that they have a top 10 QB in the league they could get into the playoffs and maybe even more.I think there around 50/1 at the moment and is worth a bet after the draft.Lets see who they get first.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

well, im a Giants fan, so if we can sort out a decent linebacker and Manning keeps maturing then i think we can go all the way.

an outside bet for me would be the Browns

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

The dolphins won there last 8 games of the season last year but it was all to late as early losses affected thier playoff hopes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭evil_seed

This year watch the jaguars, panthers and redskins. thats all i'm gonna say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭ciaran13

umm the colts were undefeated for what 14 games last season yet nones mentioned them. altho they did lose that wide receiver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

ciaran13 wrote:
    altho they did lose that wide receiver

dont you mean that Running Back???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

COlts have a history of bottling it, i expect more of the same from them in the playoffs next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

http://www.nfl.com/schedules

New schedule out.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

don't like the giants 1st 3 games, all hard and could easily be 3 lose's which would screw up there season then. We need a linebacker and DT, probable another CB, still looking for a fast WR [maybe carter will stay healthy?]
    but other than that we have a good team :rolleyes:

DE's are great, O'line is solid, hopefully tiki will have another good year. potential is there for a superbowl, but we need a good draft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Bein a redskins fan, im gonna say they will win it. They got everyone they wanted from the, ah crap what is it? not the draft but the other thing at the start of April. Minnesota first match, not too bad considerin its at home

Dodge thanks for the schedule.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Now that Favre is back, the Pack have to start favourites.:D

Thompson, the GM, dumped Sherman because he wanted to go in a different direction, but then he hired a HC who wanted to keep the status quo, as regards #4.

New HC and Def Coord, new staff, half the receivers gone, half the O-line gone, kicker gone...

But at least Brett thinks they've improved, because he's back!

Maybe the Pack will have a perfect season...

...and maybe we'll get hit by a meteorite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Mushy wrote:
    Bein a redskins fan, im gonna say they will win it. They got everyone they wanted from the, ah crap what is it? not the draft but the other thing at the start of April. Minnesota first match, not too bad considerin its at home

Dodge thanks for the schedule.

I am hoping that the Redskins will do well to! But it looks like a tough schedule with the NFC East being very competitive and also having to play teams like Carolina and Indianapolis who both look very strong! But you have to beat these teams to win it, and hopefully Portis and Moss can improve on last years great perfromances!

The jock wrote:
    I think if the dolphins get a good draft now that they have a top 10 QB in the league(culpepper they could get into the playoffs and maybe even more.I think there around 50/1 at the moment and is worth a bet after the draft.Lets see who they get.

The dolphins had a good draft overall,they also got mick vicks brother marcus,which will be interesting to see what happens.As he has culpepper,harrignton and two rookies ahead of him.He will battle with the 2 other rookie QBs for the third spot.They have been bet on after the draft and are only 22/1 where as i have them at 50/1.I still dont think they will win but the playoffs are on the agenda and after that who knows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

The jock wrote:
    ...they also got mick vicks brother marcus,which will be interesting to see what happens.

Start the "Marcus watch". When will he be arrested?
    1. June
    2. July
    3. August
    4. September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I think the Cowboys will be very good this year. Maybe not good enough to win it but they'll improve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

odds wise i think the benegals might be a good bet. If i didnt lose Palmer against steelers last season it could of been alot different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

LMAO @ slow coach, I think I'll take May :p

As posted in the other thread marcus vick has been signed as a free agent by the dolphins as a qb-wr.
    I still done think he will make the 48 man cut as there are 2 rookie qbs ahead of him that he has to beat to win a roster spot.But you never know(willie parker was one undrafted free agent that has gone on to great things).Dolphins recently signed joey harrington also.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭StopWatch

Well, I really think if Carson Palmer comes back at an early enough point in the season, the Bengals have a great chance, also I'll be watching Carolina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 squirrelmonkey

I'm a Giants fan and expect them to build on last years improvement. They will have a potent offence but are relying heavily on Manning to step up and show leadership. Arrington will improve the Defence.

As for the Super Bowl, I can't believe everyones overlooking the Patriots. 3 titles in 5 years and they will be hungry and determined after last years playoff loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

No way!!!.... too fat .... too well paid..... happens to all Superbowl teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

I think the Patriots will have a shot, they will hopefully have a running game this year with Maroney, and getting Jackson in the 2nd round was great. As long as one of the kickers works outs, they should be OK.

Advertisement