Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from UTV to Smart Telecom - and "cancellation number"

• 31-03-2006 11:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

My UTV broadband account is being cancelled today (I'm still with Eircon for line rental though), and I'm told it'll take up to 5 days to remove the signal from the line, at which time they'll give me a cancellation number which I believe I need before I can make the switch to Smart.

Is there any point filling out the application form on Smart Telecom's site before I get the cancellation number? i.e. will it speed things up, or slow things down?

In fact, the form doesn't have a field for "cancellation number" so what do I do with the number?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,243 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I just wrote it on the form beside the other numbers.

That was two months ago. Smart say I joined them on 4th March.

For the last month I'm without even a phone line thanks to Eircom. It's a nightmare. Anyone else in the same situation 'apparently' having Eircom drag their heels in relation to a Smart customer, please PM me and we'll organise a picket on Eircom about it - at least let people know what's happening.

Advertisement