Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband...

Options
  • 31-03-2006 1:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Just wondering if anyone here uses wireless broadband here in Galway? Normally I wouldn't touch it, but I've had so much trouble when I moved house and it still looks like it may be months before I can get proper BB back again so I'm starting to think about wireless.

I didn't ask in the BB forum as most of the posters there aren't from Galway and wouldn't be able to offer great advice on wireless BB here. I know from word of mouth not to touch IBB with a ten foot stick - what I'm looking for is wireless BB suitable for online gaming - so if anyone has any advice, would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Where abouts are you living?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Lovely Oranmore :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

b0ned smile.gif

Ah well...we discovered our phone line has been activated today - though those bastards at smart didn't bother telling us...

But should be able get reg bb no probs now. Thanks anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Well if not,
    I am living out on the headford road and have had Irish Broadband Breeze two meg connection for almost a year now- I rarely have any problems or issues. The connection has been down on a few instances but never for more than a couple of hours.
    I dont do much online gaming but ping times are usually less than 15ms to boards.ie if thats of any interest to you.
    Kippy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

You sure we can get smart dave?
    SMART wrote:
    Your phone number xxxxxxxx is serviced by the ORANMORE exchange.
    This exchange is on the Smart Broadband Network Build Programme for 2006.

Im gonna look into NTL myself, Esat is driving me insane, keeps disconnecting during matches

Thanks for the info kippy.

And about Smart, nope, no BB in Oranmore, but we rent our line from them is all....they told me they hoped to have bb rolled out here by start of summer so expect it in spring 2007 :rolleyes: :D

I never had any disconnecting problems with esat, but frequent high pings resulting in me getting kicked from various games, so perhaps I'll look into NTL as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭DilbertPartII

HavoK wrote:
    And about Smart, nope, no BB in Oranmore,

Hmm that doesn't seem right, Joe Whelan in JW Tools out in Oranmore got broadband a while back. Maybe he went with IBB, which by all accounts is dire (high contention on all lines, typically trying to squeeze too many people onto a limited connection).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

I was using Clearwire..
    Its grand for simply use such as www and email..
    But its absolute muck for p2p and voip...

Hmm that doesn't seem right, Joe Whelan in JW Tools out in Oranmore got broadband a while back. Maybe he went with IBB, which by all accounts is dire (high contention on all lines, typically trying to squeeze too many people onto a limited connection).

Oh no - there IS BB obviously and has been for ages, was using broadband even when I was more in the sticks, I meant there's no Smart broadband in Oranmore :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement