Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB on new line

• 31-03-2006 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

I'm going to install a new line on an enabled exchange. Assuming this is a €120 new line install type of job, is there any way I can expedite the line checking to avoid having to wait up to a month before ordering the BB? I will for maximum saving/punishment use BT's broadband so I'm guessing they're not interested in doing anything other than looking up a result in the line checker db that was updated last month type of thing. Has anyone gotten around this? Waiting a few weeks is incidently not the end of the world but I prefer not to give eircom line rental for nothing for longer than necessary.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Ask the engineer when he's installing it to do a line test for you on the day. When he goes back to the exchange to complete the installation he can get it done and call you back. When that's done the database is updated and you can go with who ever you like.
    There is another cause for delay though. If you already have a phone line they may just add the new number to your existing account. But if the need to issue another account number it could take a few weeks to issue it to you. You won't be able to order BT BB without this number.
    They have been known to refuse to give your account number over the phone so you may have to wait for your first bill or a letter from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Good info. I wonder is it possible to say "if that test fails, I don't want the line"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Blaster99 wrote:
    Good info. I wonder is it possible to say "if that test fails, I don't want the line"...
    I'm sure it's possible to say it but it probably won't get you anywhere.:D

Advertisement