Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nortons Internet Security for 2 machines

• 31-03-2006 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭

Can anybody who has this product tell me if its possible to buy one copy of Nortons Internet Security 2006 - and use it on 2 different machines (both sharing the same broadband connection).

Would Live update keep them both up to date for the 1 year of subscriptions or would it expect me to have 2 different copies/licenses of it ?

I have checked the Nortons site but this info isnt mentioned anywhere that I could see.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

no it wouldn't.

NIS is a one PC license, which is activated oniline, so you would only be able to get one system running legally withint the license agreements of symantec.

other words, you will need a second sofware package or serial number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

For Pete's sake get yourself AVG and Zone Alarm. They are free and even the Pro paid versions are better and cheaper that the stuff you are enquiring about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭ChityWest

Just re-read the Gilgamesh reply - so that'd be a no then. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭thetourist

you can install a copy a few times ( either 3 or 5 - cant remember ) but it is meant for reinstalls on the same machine if for any reason you need to do that - it will work for you to install a single copy on 2 machines but firstly it is illegal and secondly you will be out of options if you use up all the installs ( like if you need to reinstall a couple of times on one of the machines ) and the software will not work at all - norton is one of those bits of software that you might actually need to reinstall a couple of times during the year and also remember that if you had planned on updating the subscription at the end of the year instead of buying new software you might be out of luck.

Cheers for the info. In case anyone else is in the same situation - I found a couple of different versions of this are available. There is a 3 user licence version of NIS 06 and also a 2 user licence version on sale so am running the 2 user/pc licence version at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Does this apply to McAfee aswell? As I have a Home and Small office licence and have installed them on 3 machines and they have updated properly all the time on 3 machines. I have had this the same for 2 years now.

Hi

Just had a quick look at their site and this may give more info on Mcaffee options for when your subscription expires

http://us.mcafee.com/root/promo.asp?id=mis3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

My sub expires next Feb. :D

Advertisement