Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD-Ready LCD €1000-€1500

• 31-03-2006 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for any advice anyone has on purchasing an LCD HD-Ready TV. Probably would like something in and around the 28-32inch mark. I have about €1000-1500 to spend.
    All advice/suggestions will be most gratefully received!
    My main reason for wanting a HD is to use it with my xbox 360.
    Also with the BBC broadcasting the WC this summer in HD, and HD-Ready Tv's not having digital tuners, has anyone any advice as to where/what kinda tuner I need and the price Im looking at etc etc.
    THanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Let me get a suggestion in before the Samsung brigade show up. :D

I have a LG LX262R which works excelently with SD Cable, NTL Digital, PAL DVD (haven't tried NTSC yet), XBox 360 and computer (via DVI or VGA).

As for getting the WC in HD, that won't be happening as far as I know. It is being recorded in HD but not broadcast as far as I remember. Maybe after it, you can buy some HD DVD's of it and watch it via a HD Player?

L.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

from what i've heard, the bbc are transmitting the world cup in HD, thats the buzz around a lot of the forums anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

mossym wrote:
    from what i've heard, the bbc are transmitting the world cup in HD, thats the buzz around a lot of the forums anyway

Ah hah! appears you are correct!
    bbc wrote:
    The BBC announced today that it will broadcast its 2006 World Cup coverage and major Wimbledon matches in high definition this summer as part of its pioneering trial.
    It will only be accessible to viewers who have all of the following: HD Ready televisions, HD set top boxes and HD services from satellite or cable providers.

Advertisement