Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

England have backing from Wales, Scotland and Norn Iron.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 shedseven

So would I. I am English and would not back Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland in anything so wouldn't expect them to back us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

My sympathies......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Anyone see Robbie Keane on the phone to Soccer AM a couple of weeks back? Made it quite clear he wouldn't be supporting England! Very funny altogether!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That is a joke if any of the folk I know in Scotland are to be believed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Whos cares? Ingrates the lot of them! :)

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

fair play,i would support any of the home nations what ever they play in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i reckon england could have the world and its brother supporting them and they'll still crash and burn no futher than the quater finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Yep its gonna be same old story for Engerrrrland again this summer, their media will hype them up to the sky, then the pressure will get to them and they will crash out at the quarters...Cue English Media slating frenzy.
    Always the bridesmaid never the bride..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Always the bridesmaid never the bride..

at least we can agree they're a bunch of girls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

el rabitos wrote:
    at least we can agree they're a bunch of girls

girls maybe,but bigger balls than the irish team;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I will cheer on England, lots of players that I like a lot in the team and I cheer some of them every week domesticially, don't see why this is any different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I wont be cheering on England. There are much better footballing sides I'll be following in Germany, and none of them will have the unrestrained media-circus around them analysing and hyping every little turn of events.

I'll be watching all the games, but am gonna stick money down on Argentina, Italy, or maybe on a first World Cup for Holland or Spain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

Another one here who will not be cheering for Engerland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What??????????? You surprise me! :p

Mike.

I surprise myself sometimes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Its a dilemma for me I'm obviously a Dub and a huge Rovers fn but I'm from English desent My dad was born there (but has a Dublin accent and calls himself Irish, Holds an Irish Passport). I used to live there and my greatgrand father was English.

I wouldn't mind seeing them do well, but not win it. lol, I couldn't put up with the boasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Wow! We've really the missed boat on this one! Whales, NornIron and the Scotch are backing England?

Since we haven't qualified either we'd better find a country to back too , and quick!

I suggest Argentina (always have the coolest jerseys) or Trinidad&Tobago (the make very nice peanuts and are underdogs).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I'll be supporting a number of teams in the world cup, depending on which ones I've backed on any given day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I wont be cheering on England. There are much better footballing sides I'll be following in Germany, and none of them will have the unrestrained media-circus around them analysing and hyping every little turn of events.

I'll be watching all the games, but am gonna stick money down on Argentina, Italy, or maybe on a first World Cup for Holland or Spain.

Somehow I doubt that your assumption that the Spanish etc media will not as bad as the English, I think its more due to the fact that the English media is so close and so accessable to people in Ireland is way you think it is worse than other countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TwistsAndTurns

fade2black wrote:
    I'll be supporting a number of teams in the world cup, depending on which ones I've backed on any given day.

Horses for courses fade2black, I like that, world cup is not the same without Zaire. Will be watching the England circus unfold with interest.:D

Advertisement