Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT - should be easy to trace expired certs

Options
  • 31-03-2006 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭

When I got my NCT appointment last year, the info in the envelope warned that the Gardai have access to the NCT database and can find people who have not done their NCT.

I wonder why they don't use this information? Similar question with respect to car tax. It should be easy.
    I see quite a few cars with expired NCT and/or tax discs, some 6+ months overdue, but they happily drive on.

Expired insurance would be harder to track because people can change companies each time. When I renew my car tax I have to provide my soon-to-expire insurance information because car is due the month before my insurance expires, so this is not reliable info for checks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's probably because the Gardai computer system runs on a Commodore 64 with a 300baud acoustic modem for it's net access :)

Advertisement