Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSG etc

Options
  • 31-03-2006 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or do the Alliance not know what they're doing? They go into the BG's with the "every man for himself" moto.

I'm using my full holy/disc spec priest and i can get lots of honor by basically keeeping people ass alive. But what the hell are other people doing??

I was in WSG today, and there was 10 on each team. The horde team seemed to all be from random guilds, but they were running around in groups of 4/ 3/ and /3. So none of them ever got ganked. They had a healer in each group staying behind and then warrior and rogue or hunter etc.

The alliance though...

I got 2 Warriors into a party with me and said "stick with me and and i'll keep upi alive longer" and they agreed. 2 the 3 of us were running around the place using the same tactic. But any time we went near a group, the 2 warriors just ran off, and then all around me were individuals just taking pot shots at anything that past. No-one seemd to be going for the flag.

I got the best equipped Warrior to get the flag and i stayed behind him keeping him healed etc. And we won a flag. But we lost 3/1. The horde were so efficient compared to what must have been a bunch of 11 year olds.

We did get to a spot where we had the high ground and i stayed behind a bush, and the epic warrior was basically owning, i was healing him and no-one seemed to spot me so i think he killed about 9 of them before retreating. ANd he didn't even say thanks. And instead of trying the same tactic again to get more kills, he started running off on his own into the middle of groups of em...

Oh well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Organise a group.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Whine more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Bartonprince

DRakE wrote:
    Whine more.

Wow thanks. What a great suggestion. I'll try that and see if it works.

Why did you bother replying? If you have nothing to say.. then don't say nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Because your post was just telling people what they already know. No one will listen to anyone in a PUG BG, get a group or whine more.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

If you have nothing to say.. then don't say nothing.

Gah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Binomate wrote:

ha ha thats so funny! i think they were doing the "lets not get completely pwnd" style. no way a horde would bother attacking that place!

... did you hold the fort up top on yer own? ;-D

ha ha thats so funny! i think they were doing the "lets not get completely pwnd" style. no way a horde would bother attacking that place!

And i now understand why the other fella was being abrupt.

Ignore my post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

That was me in the graveyard because I tried to go around and recapture all of the other bases on my own while the clump battled over one bloody base for the duration of the game as far as I can remember.

Binomate wrote:
    That was me in the graveyard because I tried to go around and recapture all of the other bases on my own while the clump battled over one bloody base for the duration of the game as far as I can remember.

people just don't be thinking.

was in AB today and it was soo close. i think we had like 1960 resources when the game ended. but what happened was the horde lads were taking a point, ansd then a couple of them were moving onto the next, our lads were taking a point, and then running off in all directions. I just kept following warriors around the place. As i knew we werent' going to win, i thought i'd keep em alive and get some honor instead! =(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

God you talk some ****e, your full holy spec priest you got all geared up in the space of a week whilst leveling from 35-60...

LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

WSG is piss easy if you have a decent group who work together. So easy "if" you do just follow the orders of the leader if he knows what he is at.

1 druid(at least;D) with a priest,warrior,mage,shaman/pala on attack group. A hunter or 2 or a rogue with 1 hunter if not 2 hunter on defence. Lock,mage,priest,warrior,whatever is left ebbs and flows with the battle in middle. Helps bring opposite flag back;returns home flag.

So easy : so long as you do what you're told.

The group I play with usually has 2 druids in the team, so as soon as flags reset it's gone again.

8min games FTW

"GIEF BACK MEH GOLD"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

tldr lolz

sunzz wrote:
    God you talk some ****e, your full holy spec priest you got all geared up in the space of a week whilst leveling from 35-60...

LOL.

I hope you don't die in your sleep?
    Do you have nothing better to do then moan.... Get a life woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

it never ceases to amaze me the lack of knowledge of how to play in BG's that some people have.

in PUG's particularly even the basics are beyond most people. I find it disheartening to go into a BG and see peeps with low ranks, **** gear and from guilds I've never heard of, on the same side of me. no disrespect but generally they tend to have little idea about even how to play their own class properly never mind the abilities of another class.

I'm sure you've all seen the plonker that attacks the sheeped/freeze trapped/seduced target straight after said target has been crowd controlled.

kill healers first, crowd control warriors, mages etc. - I've often seen 3 dps types beating down on a warrior whilst 2 healers just keep healing warrior. never occurs to them to just trap/sheep/seduce warrior and pummel the healers

some people never look at the map either to see who is where. You'd think that would be obvious but meh :/

getting pulled away by from defending a flag/node by a decoy run whilst a rogue/druid captures. Some people are also just honor horny and just running around looking for kills without much idea of how to win.

Tis a joy though being in a guild raid.

it never ceases to amaze me the lack of knowledge of how to play in BG's that some people have.

in PUG's particularly even the basics are beyond most people. I find it disheartening to go into a BG and see peeps with low ranks, **** gear and from guilds I've never heard of, on the same side of me. no disrespect but generally they tend to have little idea about even how to play their own class properly never mind the abilities of another class.

I'm sure you've all seen the plonker that attacks the sheeped/freeze trapped/seduced target straight after said target has been crowd controlled.

kill healers first, crowd control warriors, mages etc. - I've often seen 3 dps types beating down on a warrior whilst 2 healers just keep healing warrior. never occurs to them to just trap/sheep/seduce warrior and pummel the healers

some people never look at the map either to see who is where. You'd think that would be obvious but meh :/

getting pulled away by from defending a flag/node by a decoy run whilst a rogue/druid captures. Some people are also just honor horny and just running around looking for kills without much idea of how to win.

Tis a joy though being in a guild raid.

Yeah, i don't think people use the map properly. Like in raids.
    We were on Onyxia yesterday, and i was healer for my group. I told them to stay with me so i could heal. But what kept happening is that the warrior kept running around the other side, so i had to try and kite to him to keep him alive.

In the end i just left him off. No point me getting killed to save 1/4 of the party i'm in if it means leaving the other 3 up ****e creek.

As for your opinion on the way BG's should go, i totally agree. I obviously learned that not from doing it myself but watching the horde. I saw an epic horde warrior in WSG at the Alliance span spirit healer, he stayed close to the edge of the hill and wass just pwning everything. After he was fully healed about 15 times and had killed half the server Someone asked "He's a warrior, how is he healing himself" at which point i turned my PC right off without even shutting down hehe.

I am amazed myself when i'm in a BG how i don't get ganked more. Sometimes i have to run right into range of lots of horde to heal up my warrior or paladin, and it's only maybe 20% of the time i get attacked before backing up again. Surely people can see the warrior's health is not going down and they should then ignore him and kill whats behind.

Game rocks though hehe, and if everyone knew all this stuff, then we'd all be pwned and unable to get 700hk in an hour or 2. (think it was 2200 honor so not to bad)

Nassty locks catching me with CoT sucks though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 chomsky

Aye, to be honest mate the best way to go is to get a guild pvp group setup. Also if you use Ventrilo (or TS which I don't like as much) and have someone shouting the orders, coupled with the right gear/pvp strat you (as a team) are virtually unstoppable.

Alliance on my server, as with all servers, seem to be made up of an abundance of inept fools incapable of pick-up pvping with any degree of skill.

If you find yourself in that position, just solo farm honor, it's far less hassle than trying to win the game, and to be honest, it's still the best way to gain ranks.

chomsky wrote:
    Aye, to be honest mate the best way to go is to get a guild pvp group setup. Also if you use Ventrilo (or TS which I don't like as much) and have someone shouting the orders, coupled with the right gear/pvp strat you (as a team) are virtually unstoppable.

Alliance on my server, as with all servers, seem to be made up of an abundance of inept fools incapable of pick-up pvping with any degree of skill.

If you find yourself in that position, just solo farm honor, it's far less hassle than trying to win the game, and to be honest, it's still the best way to gain ranks.

Well you can get into a good group within the raid who can get some good honor together, they know to look for eachother on the map and stick together. No point running off all over the place. As a priest it's good to be able to heal and then DPS when needed, like when someone is fleeing, or you can visibly see that someone has crap gear on them and will go down faster then a fat one down a greasy firemans pole.

Nothing better then the feeling of getting a crit in and saving someones skin instead of trying to keep them healed.

I think for some classes it's easier to get honor and priest is one of them, as you aren't in the line of fire as much you can just pile on the honor by just keeping the meat shields alive.

Although Warlock is also supposed to be pretty good as with soul link as you can tank a bit before going down.

I don't use ventrilo but i tend to look follow people who seem to know what they're doing. You can see people looking for you before running in to the middle of 10 horde. They will pick targets an make sure the group is nearby etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

ebay much?

Caliden wrote:
    ebay much?

Jesus christ. Did you get your personality on Ebay? Coz if you did you were robbed.

If you read what i said, i was commenting on my experience in BG's as an alliance player.

What are you on about Ebay? It's illegal to buy accounts on Ebay, and anyone who would sell you an account could just do a callback on their password the next day.

• Advertisement

ebay.com/WTB 60 PRIEST FULL DEVOUT GEAR

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

sunzz and caliden, knock it off right now. Put barton on ignore if you don't like him, leave the schoolyard bullying antics at school.

tell him stop spouting ****e on a daily basis about the new level 60 he obtains every week.

I don't care. You can put him on ignore and stop abusing him, or you can go away. He's entitled to post whatever he wants, he's not abusing anyone and he's not posting anything that breaks the rules. If you don't like it, don't read it.

It's ok, im done with boards. No need for all this. If you don't nelieve that i have the lvl60 chars then don't. I can prove to you that i do, you can meet me in game if it upsets you that much.

But i'm done. Last post.

Okay thats about the 10th time we have established you are leaving boards, 100% says you will have posted by the end of the day.

It's not that we don't believe you have any, its how you've come into possesion of them thats questionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

koneko wrote:
    He's entitled to post whatever he wants, he's not abusing anyone

Um yes he is. He calls anyone who doesnt agree with him an asshole. Check the posts.

Theres been like 3 or 4 ppl banned now all because of 1 person. Co-incidence?

Let barton throw his toys out of the pram and leave or stay or roll another character or whatever he does but go easy with the ban stick on people who are just having a laugh.

2 people have been banned, both started threads with the sole intention of mocking/abusing barton, or bullying him off the board. I don't see how that is fun. He was warned for falling for the troll-trap and calling someone an asshole. It might be a laugh to you, but it isn't to barton, and there are plenty of people here who feel that this is having a negative impact on the board and is bullying, pure and simple.

If you don't like him, you can ignore him. That's all there is to it. I don't want this turning into the (old) CS board.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

While I feel all of this is incredibly funny (perhaps wrongfully so) I think Koneko is right on the money. Whatever your feelings about barton prince, they are essentially unprovable and as such you are slandering him.

Just let it go and move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

Funny how the board only started turning into the Old CS board (random analogy?) with the appearance of Barton.

Advertisement