Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bus services in Waterford

• 31-03-2006 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hi folks,
    Can anyone tell me the name of the bus service that operates in the city. I know Bus Eireann have a few routes but I think there is another service.
    Also does anyone know if there is a bus from Arkeen village out to WIT .

Thank a mill!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Mossy knows all about the buses and bus routes around our city, so I'd imagine he'll have the answer your after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

afaik Kenneallys run the bus service from Ardkeen to the City so if you get the bus into town with them and then get the Ballybeg-WIT bus or the Brownes Road bus that should set you right. the Bus eireann buses are €1.30 a go. dont know how much the Kenneally buses are

Mossy Monk wrote:
    afaik Kenneallys run the bus service from Ardkeen to the City so if you get the bus into town with them and then get the Ballybeg-WIT bus or the Brownes Road bus that should set you right. the Bus eireann buses are €1.30 a go. dont know how much the Kenneally buses are

Fair play to you Mossy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You'd think Kenneallys would have a website with timetables and routes would'nt you?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Kenneallys is €1.30 too.

You could get the Bus Eireann bus from outside Ardkeen Village too - Runs every 40 minutes, instead of Kenneallys every 20.

The Ballybeg bus runs ever about 20 minutes. If you're coming in on the Bus Eireann bus, you could jump off on Parnell street and get the Ballybeg bus there as far as I remember.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 funkymonk

That's great guys! Thanks for the info :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

He..1.30...I'm gonna be like Peter Pan and never wish to grow up, me is still on kids fares until about 2 years from now..85c..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭jmcc

Fajitas! wrote:
    Kenneallys is €1.30 too.

You could get the Bus Eireann bus from outside Ardkeen Village too - Runs every 40 minutes, instead of Kenneallys every 20.
    The CIE bus is far more reliable than Keneally's bus. The Keneally bus service can sometimes completely miss the times (turning up early or late) or not turn up at all. It runs on the most congested road in Ireland so the slightest bit of traffic screws up the times. The CIE bus is the Farran park/Hillview bus and travels a far less congested route and is more reliable even if it does not run the same number of busses per hour.

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

God above lads, Keneallys were taken over years ago by Rapid Express, call into their offices on the mall and grab a timetable there. Afaik they run a dedicated route to the college from out that way, but it's only a couple of times a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Lol, tbh though, it can be fairly touch and go. I get that into work during the summer (To Cie ironicly enough) and as I said...It can be touch and go... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭jmcc

Roen wrote:
    God above lads, Keneallys were taken over years ago by Rapid Express, call into their offices on the mall and grab a timetable there. Afaik they run a dedicated route to the college from out that way, but it's only a couple of times a day.
    It is almost a way of telling if someone is from Old Viewmount - whether they refer to the bus service as Keneally's or the wonderfully tautologically named Rapid Express.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

I call it keneallys and i only moved down here around 3 years ago.

I Get the keneallys/rapid express bus every day to school and its almost always on time.

Roen wrote:
    God above lads, Keneallys were taken over years ago by Rapid Express, call into their offices on the mall and grab a timetable there.

You will not find there offices on the mall. Their offices are located next door to the Waterford CTI on Parnell Street Also next to the old rubgy club premises

Doh!
    The Mall/Parnell street, I always get the two mixed up :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Roen wrote:
    Keneallys were taken over years ago by Rapid Express

thought it said Kenneallys on the display at the front of the bus

Some of the older buses have Keneallys on them but the newer ones have Rapid Express. They may have a dual livery but I'm not sure about that. I suppose if you're buying a company you may well want to trade on the old name.

Advertisement