Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Little tip from a birdy.

• 31-03-2006 4:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭

Just got passed this little tip from a friend of mine.

There's a new law coming into England in on the 1st of July called the Rosh leglastive or something which forbides the sale of television equipment which contain harmful substances such as mercury.

Therefore the tip is that between now and july the prices for such products (prosumer cameras like the VX2000 and so on) will in theory drop alot to push out the remaining stock.

So keep your eyes peeled cause even with the exchange rate you might see a good deal.

I dont know if similar leglastive has been brought into ireland already or on the way. Maybe Monkeyfudge can look into that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Hadn't heard about this. Sounds interesting alright.

I'll have a look into it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

here's the actual statement:

Its for all electronic goods and its from the EU!

Meaning the prices in ireland should drop aswell.

http://www.pb-free.info/prevention.htm

Advertisement