Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

This Weekends Prem Fixtures

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

CMON UTD.... we're coming for the champions!!!!!! :D

my god Pat Dolan is a terrible presenter and talks rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

evad_lhorg wrote:
    CMON UTD.... we're coming for the champions!!!!!! :D

my god Pat Dolan is a terrible presenter and talks rubbish.

Have to agree he does talk some s**t.....don't know how he has that job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

was thinking the same thing about Pat Dolan.

Thats 8 wins on the trot now :)

Todays Prem Results:

Arsenal 5 - 0 Aston Villa
    Birmingham 0 - 0 Chelsea
    Bolton 1 - 2 Man Utd
    Everton 2 - 2 Sunderland
    Fulham 1 - 3 Portsmouth
    Newcastle 3 - 1 Tottenham
    West Brom L - L Liverpool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

now that we have all calmed down after watching a good game,lets get serious, can it be done? i think chelsea will drop more points, simple as that. united can potentially end up on 90 . assuming that they do end up on 90, then the maximum chelsea can end up with is 94(obviously if united win all their games, then that includes chelsea loosing 3 points from united v chelsea!).uniteds run in is very tough and while chelsea still hold a massive advantage, united are the form team. everton, west ham and bolton are not guaranteed points, a last day trip to geordie land is not 3 guaranteed points also. if united can get the gap down to 3 points when we go the stamford bridge, it could make a serious last day. chelseas goal difference is 7 better, the sunderland game could be a chance to even that out!arsenal game and the spurs game are the key here for united, i can see them getting 12 from 12 in the other 4 games with a little bit of luck!

folwer 1-0 by the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

2 weeks ago the title was 98-99% Chelsea's. Now it's about 90%, others may think it's much lower, but Chelsea away is a formidable fixture.

I was very disappointed to see Rooney dive and act today

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

PHB wrote:
    **** yeh baby, just what we need.
    Gotta take it to Arsenal next week, we gotta beat them and keep concentrating on our own game. If we can win there, we can continue this pressure on Chelsea and just keep praying. Hopefully West Ham and teddy can do us a favour next weekend.

"If we can win there", The game is at Old Trafford and Fergie has all but confirmed in his after match interview, Ruud will start against Arsenal.

Blackburn will give Chelsea a good game..........and hopefully a though one :p

Even though i am a die hard red........Honestly i would have to say the title is Chelsea's.........i do hope im wrong...lol ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Cisse 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

that must make you sick lemlin since you and your brother hatred towards the pool

• Advertisement

galwaydude wrote:
    that must make you sick lemlin since you and your brother hate the pool

Contrary to popular belief, I have nothing against Liverpool. I will admit that I prefer teams like Arsenal and Chelsea to Liverpool and Man Utd but I have nothing against 'Pool. I'm actually hoping they win today because I have Reina and Carragher in my fantasy team.

It seems that if you even attempt to give a negative opinion on this forum about Liverpool you're suddenly branded a 'Pool hater.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I don't think anyone can say that Chelsea will definally drop points, I mean would anybody be really suprised if they came back and won every gsingle game utnil the end of the season? I think they have some though games, and I hope that they can drop some points in them, but tbh, we must only focus on United. United have to win every game from now until the end of the season. If they can, I'll be happy, even if we loose the championship. I still think there is a chance, but we have to keep up the pressure, Arsenal is a huge huge game, two massivly in form teams, and its gona be a hell of a match.

p.s. Arsenal are gona get 4th realistically, the question is can they catch Liverpool for third? Not sure anymore, think Liverpool will hold onto 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

p.s. Arsenal are gona get 4th realistically, the question is can they catch Liverpool for third? Not sure anymore, think Liverpool will hold onto 3rd

thats only been a question if your a man u fan, getting a pain in ur neck looking back and seeing liverpool eat up the gap that there was last season. i think since houllier (the last of the slacker managers) left, easy street through anfield has been closed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I think we should have a soccer forum get together.

All credit to the chasing teams though, does make for a very exciting end to the season. It's not inconceivable to think that Chelsea can drop more points. My main concern would be United's hard matches still to come. Regardless, at least we have an interest in the coming month and a half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Speaking as a Gooner, I couldn't give a sh*te about whether Pool hang on to 3rd or not. And neither should Pool fans either - it's really not an Arsenal objective. We just want to grab 4th spot, and see how we go in the Champs League.

With Spurs and Bolton slipping up, and Arse hittin form at the right time, 4th is ours for the taking. 3rd? It's yours Pool, for whatever its worth (automatic qualification, presumably).

Definitely would like to see Man U take the title ahead of Chel tho, unlikely tho it still is...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

PHB wrote:
    p.s. Arsenal are gona get 4th realistically, the question is can they catch Liverpool for third? Not sure anymore, think Liverpool will hold onto 3rd.
    Well PHB, unless your precious Man Utd are beaten by Arsenal at Old Trafford the gap will be 10-11 points. So I don't think this is worth discussing.

What a great day to be at Highbury, once Adebayor headed in the first goal, the team were in full flow. Beautiful stuff to watch. The injures to Fabregas and Eboue are worrying, I hope they are ok for the Juve game. Diaby had a stormer though, and took his first Arsenal goal well. Adebayor looks to be a really useful player; he works hard and makes chances out of nothing purely by being awkward for defenders. His touch is pretty good, he's quick, good at holding up the ball, and offers an aerial threat. His finishing and composure in front of goal needs to improve though.

Spurs and Bolton losing was a big bonus, hopefully Wigan can take points of B'burn on Tuesday but I doubt it. I thought that the run-in favoured an Arsenal & Blackburn battle for 4th, and it looks likely now.

4-5-1 against Juve and United in the next two games please, sit back and hit them on the break. Two draws in those two games and then wins in every game for the rest of the season, that'll do me! :)

Rocky Rocky Rocky Rocky Rocastle!

Heh, you mispelt "Rocky"... That's mildly amusing:D

:p

I was writing it out phonetically, then changed my mind, but forgot to change 'key' back to 'ky' :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger:
    "Cesc's foot has blown up, that's not a good sign. It can be a vein that has exploded or it's coming from a bone."

"Eboue did his groin because he played like Garrincha on the right side and didn't stop going forward. Both are rated 40-60 for Wednesday night.

Not good at all.

kdjac

• Advertisement

His foot exploded? Ouch! :eek:

Diaby straight in for Cesc in that case, Djourou or Gilbert in for Eboue.

Gilbert isn't fit is he? And Djourou's a centre-half, nominally at least.

Kinda typical of our season tbh - Losing players to injury just when they look like they've hit some form. Gilbert back in January was a pretty good example of this.

Diaby has lot of quality, he'll fill in ok I have no doubt. It's the right back position that worries me more, Eboue had made himself the #1 choice in that position, even if Lauren was fit Eboue would remain in the team on merit. But who comes in for him now?

Blackburn play Wigan on Monday night Pepe. Its on Sky at 8. Hopefully they can win (beat them 3-0 at the JJB with three crackers earlier this season) and close the gap.

Bolton's two losses in two weeks has been great, and they've got Liverpool next week. Spurs look to be losing their bottle as well. A poor performance Monday night followed by a 3-1 loss today.

Come on Blackburn!

ps. Seb, there's no advantage to third over fourth apart from a slight increase in revenue, both 3rd and 4th have to play CL qualifiers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,899 ✭✭✭SteM

SebtheBum wrote:
    3rd? It's yours Pool, for whatever its worth (automatic qualification, presumably).

Nope, only the top 2 qualify automatically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

SebtheBum wrote:
    Diaby has lot of quality, he'll fill in ok I have no doubt. It's the right back position that worries me more, Eboue had made himself the #1 choice in that position, even if Lauren was fit Eboue would remain in the team on merit. But who comes in for him now?

Switch Toure to right back and play somebody else in the middle? Very far from ideal but there's no other options really. Is Campbell fit yet?

Lemlin wrote:
    Blackburn play Wigan on Monday night Pepe. Its on Sky at 8. Hopefully they can win (beat them 3-0 at the JJB with three crackers earlier this season) and close the gap.
    Sorry, I knew it was Monday or Tuesday... couldn't be arsed checking. I don't expect Blackburn to slip up, but you never know. Wigan can be a tricky team sometimes.
    SebtheBum wrote:
    Gilbert isn't fit is he? And Djourou's a centre-half, nominally at least.

Kinda typical of our season tbh - Losing players to injury just when they look like they've hit some form. Gilbert back in January was a pretty good example of this.

Gilbert made his return to the reserves just a few days ago. I don't think Wenger should play him against Juve if Eboue is unavailable, as I'd be concerned about his fitness and aerial ability.

Djourou is indeed a centre-half/midfielder, but he's reasonably versatile. He's not really mobile enough to be a full-time full-back but he seems to be pretty solid and good technically. His height and power (he's massive!) could be useful against Juve, he'll need support from Hleb in keeping Nedved quiet though.
    Switch Toure to right back and play somebody else in the middle? Very far from ideal but there's no other options really. Is Campbell fit yet?
    Campbell is reportedly fit but waiting for bruising of his toe to go down. He could partner Senderos as Juve lack pace, but it'd be risky IMO. Toure has been our rock and shouldn't be moved.

• Advertisement

Sorry, I knew it was Monday or Tuesday... couldn't be arsed checking. I don't expect Blackburn to slip up, but you never know. Wigan can be a tricky team sometimes.

Don't I know it, I'm more worried about Blackburn's two games against Wigan Monday night and Portsmouth next Saturday than I am about their games coming up against Chelsea and Liverpool.

Rovers have had a tendency in recent years to play well against the top teams but slip up against the lesser sides. Pompey are on a run too and Wigan will be itching for a result after losing in the last minute to West Ham last weekend.

Toure would certainly adapt better than anyone else, but I don't like the idea of breaking up a really solid central defensive pairing...
    Seb Larsson played left-back for a while when Flamini was filling in on the other side, now the roles could be reversed... I don't like the idea at all tho. I hope Gilbert is fit enough, but he doesn't seem so.

Um... Oh for Justin Hoyte right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Campbell is reportedly fit but waiting for bruising of his toe to go down. He could partner Senderos as Juve lack pace, but it'd be risky IMO. Toure has been our rock and shouldn't be moved.

Yeah you're right. Wenger's much better off playing Djourou out of position than moving Toure. Confidence of getting through this tie has shot down since those 2 injuries.

Juve are still missing Zebina, Vieira and Camoranesi. I don't think Arsenal have anything to worry about.

One word: Nedved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Only two goals for Pool which seems like a failure somehow, still they'll do and good to see Cisse doing something to justify his wage!

Mike.

SebtheBum wrote:
    One word: Nedved.
    a good word too. will del boy be back for juve?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

COME ON UTD. 7 point gap with 6 games left. it's achievable.

2 non wins for chelsea and the title is utd's (assuming utd beat chelsea in the head to head. we're unstopable at present.

pressure turned up a notch again on chelsea. massive task for utd, but historically we've relished those sitiuations were every game is a 'must win'.

smemon wrote:
    COME ON UTD. 7 point gap with 6 games left. it's achievable.

2 non wins for chelsea and the title is utd's (assuming utd beat chelsea in the head to head. we're unstopable at present.

pressure turned up a notch again on chelsea. massive task for utd, but historically we've relished those sitiuations were every game is a 'must win'.

I wouldn't get carried away if I were yet. United look to have the more difficult run in, I can't see them going unbeaten until the end of the season and they are playing a very much in-form Arsenal next Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

its 8 points really unless utd. can start scoring alot more goals.

astrofool wrote:
    its 8 points really unless utd. can start scoring alot more goals.

incorrect :D

assuming utd beat chelsea, that will be -1 chelsea, + 1 utd at least. if chelsea do lose or draw 2 games and utd win, again that will be 0 chelsea, + 2 utd at least.

chelsea have 7 over utd atm, so if all goes to plan, the gap will be closed and beaten naturally by utd winning and chelsea drawing/ losing.

eh what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

Great couple of results for Utd today, the pressure will start to build on Chelsea and I am praying that they mess up. They probably have the easier fixtures but Utd are in great form.
    I put a few quid on Utd to win the premiership just before the Chesea game ended, got them at 16/1, they are 11/2 now. I am not all that confident but at least I got nice odds!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I'm just happy that we're in a situation where people are telling us not to get carried away. It will be a major shock if chelsea slip up and we remain unbeaten all the way to the end.

SteM wrote:
    they are playing a very much in-form Arsenal next Sunday.

utd themselves are in terrible form, just 8 wins on the trot :rolleyes:

chelsea play just before utd on the sunday, and should the unthinkable happen and chelsea draw or lose at home to west ham, utd will come out and fight for every single ball.

as it is, utd know they aren't out of it, even though they'll probably play it down. i'd expect them to be up for it on sunday. they're in great form and at least now have some sort of incentive.

• Advertisement

smemon wrote:

chelsea play just before utd on the sunday, and should the unthinkable happen and chelsea draw or lose at home to west ham, utd will come out and fight for every single ball.

as it is, utd know they aren't out of it, even though they'll probably play it down. i'd expect them to be up for it on sunday. they're in great form and at least now have some sort of incentive.

In all fairness, its an Arsenal vs Man Utd game, I'd expect both teams to be up for it no matter what.

smemon wrote:

Tell me, at what point did I say United were in terrible form? You're being a bit liberal with the rolley eyes face there.

These sort of runs generally come to an end at some point though, it could be against Arsenal as they are playing very well at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

SteM wrote:
    Tell me, at what point did I say United were in terrible form? You're being a bit liberal with the rolley eyes face there.

These sort of runs generally come to an end at some point though, it could be against Arsenal as they are playing very well at the moment.

He is a United fan ;)

7 points the gap but I dont think the title is going anywhere other then west london. It will make things a little more interesting but I think Chelsea will not go for it rather then sit back during games.

It could happen but I doubt it

Saw the arsenal game on TV. **** me there were some great goals there especially Henrys second and Van Persies goal.
    Goals of the Month IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

jank wrote:
    Goals of the Month IMO.

Seemingly Malbranque has that from todays game.

See MOTD later lots of goals.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭futuredeath

while i understand man utd are an in form team its an entirely different form to that off arsenal.
    Arsenal are currently ripping teams apart, utd are not.
    i'd fancy arsenal to take 3 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Just back from the newcastle match. First half was very exciting, but the second half was quite dull....

My flight was 6:30am, so had an all nighter, so by the end of the game i was wrecked! Got to the airport, checked in, and who was on my flight but stephen kelly! Very nice fella, hope he makes it on the irish team someday!

Just watching Match of the Day. Henry is unreal. The way he just stopped his run, stood back, waited for the flick back from Adeyabor and then finished for the goal was superb.

He and Adeyabor look like they could be a very potent attacking force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Goog goals from Arsenal, could easily be the top 3 this month

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Van Persie's was fantastic, but Henry's second... absolutely out of this world! It reminded me almost of Di Canio's for West Ham a few years back - just one of those moments where everything clicks into place.

If you haven't seen it, get downloading it now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

yeah, that lad has sublime technique

Advertisement