Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Settings for 3

• 31-03-2006 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Just bought voda v600i wash & go and had it unlocked. Am now trying to find the 3 mms, gprs etc settings for the unlocked phone. Any ideas where I can get this info? Or does anyone have the k750i on 3 and can post the internet and mms settings? Very hard to track down 3 settings.

Cheers,

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

I don't seem to be able to view the settings on my phone. It says they're locked. If you don't have a phone that was ever launched by 3, you're not gonna be able to browse their portal as they only support their own handsets (as far as I know) and you can't browse anything off-portal. I can't get the MMS settings, either. If you don't have a 3 handset, I'd say 3 won't be interested in helping you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Well here are the settings from my three Nokia 6680. AFAIK the majority of these are Generic and I got them from 3 Customer care after I got my phone upgraded (and debranded).

For Internet:
    APN: 3ireland.ie
    Authentication: secure
    Homepage: [url]Http://mobile.3ireland.ie/hb/ie/n66xx/HutchKey[/url]
    (you could try replacing n66xx with mv3x)

For MMS:
    Homepage: [url]Http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc[/url]

If these are of any help to anyone, then great. If not, try contacting 3, tell them you got your phone upgraded to correct a software problem and the settings are cleared, they will happily give you the settings for MMS and Internet over the phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

davidian wrote:
    Or does anyone have the k750i on 3 and can post the internet and mms settings?

the k750 isn't avaiable on 3. its not a 3g phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 davidian

Sorry, I meant the K608i. I've mangaged to get my mms working but because the phone is voda branded, the only web option is to the voda portal. Anyone know if there is anywhere in Dublin to get a phone debranded and roughly what it would cost?

D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

There's an unlock thread in the stickies with people offering these types of services.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 costello2s

For MMS:
    Homepage: [url]Http://mms.um.3ireland.ie:10021/mmsc[/url]

I have added the above mms settings into my unlocked N70, but I still cannot send or recieve mms messages. Soes anyone have a more detailed settings list??

thanks in advance..:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

davidian wrote:
    Sorry, I meant the K608i. I've mangaged to get my mms working but because the phone is voda branded, the only web option is to the voda portal. Anyone know if there is anywhere in Dublin to get a phone debranded and roughly what it would cost?

D

Its easy enough to get it flashed to generic K600i firmware which wont have any vodafone custom stuff, or restrictions as to what you can change.

If you are around the Wicklow area I can do it for you

Advertisement