Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mapping Drives

• 31-03-2006 5:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if it is possible to map a drive letter to a device, for example I have a thumb drive that when I plug it in it can have 3/4 letters depending on what else is plugged in. Is there any way I can assign a letter to the device so when its plugged in it will always get that letter?

Also if I plug in a card-reader it uses up like 5/6 letters, is there anyway to stop the card reader from doing this? As in if there is no card in the slot it doesnt take up space?

Im using Win2K at the moment so Im guessing that makes things harder.

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Not possible for everything. Try this, for assigning drive letters.

As for the card reader, I don't think there is a solution except for disabling it if you don't use it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Actually W2K is better than XP for this sort of stuff.

If you have network drives in use, XP will readily map the same letters to removable storage devices :rolleyes:
    so you right click My Computer and manage and into disk management to shift them down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Thanks Guys, much appreciated

Advertisement