Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband for 3 months

• 31-03-2006 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I'm going to have a few work colleagues from the UK over here for 3 months staying in a rented apt for that duration.

I need to get them a BB connection in the apt, not sure yet if a landline is installed or if there is, they are in a BB compatible location.

Is there any providers out there providing any free trials that I could get for them?

When I started with eircom BB 2 yrs ago, I got a free 3month no obligation trial with them. Anybody know if they are still doing that? Or if there is no landline, any of the wireless providers doing a free 3month trial?

I have a wireless router that they could use.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hasn't been mention of any free trials recently and afaik six months is the shortest period you will get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

If you go with UTV you can buy your way out of the contract after 3 months for €60. Also for the 3 months you have it, they'll give you 2Meg Unlimited broadband for €15.99 p/m not including line rental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I am using Eircom and it is brilliant. Very reliable. Anyway, if you want to get cheap Broadband go for IBB, but this is not advised. I have not used it, but as far as I can gather fom reading posts on this forum that it is crap. Try Smart Telecom, again I have never used it, but I only hear good things about it. It costs €35 a month including line rental.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,844 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

While Smart is excellent they have a minimum contract of 12 months.

All the 3 month free trials are gone.

Eircom is probably your best bet they have a 6 month minimum contract.

BT do as well, but their billing department is a disaster, so they would be the wrong choice in this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

You can always get Clearwire (if it's available) and return it after three months and claim it's crap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement