Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 31st - Tornado Report?

Options
  • 31-03-2006 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

My other half watched the weather and she told me that Jean Byrne mentioned a tornado?

Anyone else to verify this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

April fool?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Certainly not...

Take a look at the rotation on the radar images over the border counties...

http://www.met.ie/recentweather/rainfall_radar.asp?ani=y

An elaborate April fool so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Nope, the risks for heavy thunderstorms today was rather high for so early in the season. Thunderstorm activity when intensive enough can lead to small localised tornado(s).

Sun was bursting off the stones in Waterford today. That Cavan really is a horrible place...

• Advertisement

yes I just heard this on todayfm's news
    listen to the 9pm news

Co cavan

Tree's and poles uprooted

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Merrick

There's another thread going on this.
    Upside down cows have been mentioned...

Twas on today fm again just now.
    One house lost its roof and a thousand homes lost electricity as poles were uprooted and trees toppled.
    A camper van was also leveled.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Earthman wrote:
    Twas on today fm again just now.
    One house lost its roof and a thousand homes lost electricity as poles were uprooted and trees toppled.
    A camper van was also leveled.

Unusual that. Good circulation in the afternoon though on radar:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I got completely drenched walking a short distance home today in Dundalk...it was certainly the type of weather that would spawn one..last time I recall squalls like that there was a tornado touch down outside Lurgan an hour earlier that day. Did a lot of damage in a small area.

That RTÉ radar as high a res as we can get? The .gif on http://www.met-office.gov.uk/weather/europe/uk/radar/animation.html
    makes a nicer hook and rotation but it's too small

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Yes. The radar looked 'nice' yesterday evening. Images here. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=51135147&postcount=2984

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Small tornadoes effected parts of Meath today. This relatively severe weather is coming to an end though. Cooler by the end of the weekend:)

Advertisement