Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Show Your Bones - Leaked Vs. Released

• 31-03-2006 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭

odhran wrote:
    The reason that Nick doesn't want people to download the leaked version is because it's allegedly not the finished album and that the quality isn't up to scratch. As far as I know, the leaked version is also missing some songs.
    Any truth to it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

doubtful. most bands say that if they comment at all, usually bull****. might get an extra song or 2 if very lucky, just to get a few extra sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Mr Rivers wrote:
    Any truth to it?

Normally that's the automatic line. Sometimes it's true but most of the time I have my doubts. I don't download anyway, it's bold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Tanabe

John2 wrote:
    I don't download anyway, it's bold.

Nor do I but there is no difference with this album:D :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Beastieboy

At the time Nick posted on the YYY forum there were supposed to be one or two tracks that were incomplete on the leak but shortly after the whole thing became available

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

Usually when something leaks, it's the full quality copy.

Although the new TV on the Radio album leaked months ago before it even had a title. I didn't hear it, but it was supposedly unmastered (vocals too high, drums too low).

I remember when I bought Room on Fire too, it sounded different to the leaked version (a whole guitar track missing on most songs I think).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

The TV on the Radio one is bad but not unlistenable. Sounds good, cant wait for the full release. Don't think it leaked months ago either, maybe there were two. The one I "heard" had all the titles mixed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Morrisseys Ringleader was leaked about a week or so before it was released, great quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

A lot of leaks come from advanced promos so are usually the real deal, i guess the earlier the leak the more likely it is to be not the finished article. Radiohead came out with the same story for the leaked version of HTTT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Although I know from experience that a lot of promos are sent out months in advance. I have a promo here for an album that won't be out for a couple of months and I received it (with full retail artwork) about three months ago. So it can be very likely that a finished album could be leaked a couple of months in advance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭Redegg

Mine is from the internet but will definitley be buying it when I get my first wage packet. soooo good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

I think that "The Sweets" was missing from the version that was originally leaked, but all the other songs werre essentially the same. Great album either way.

what's peoples favourite song on the album, theres a few crackers there.
    I'm loving Turn Into right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Mr Rivers

Way Out and Honeybear are my choices for best track :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

I love "Warrior", "Cheated Hearts" and "Dudley".

Warrior rocks, love cheated heats too. sign of a very good album really isn't it when people have different favourite tracks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement