Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with SP2 & Edirol UA-25

• 31-03-2006 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

I was using Edirol UA-25 with XP SP1 & everything was fine.
    Then when i installed SP2, the ASIO driver doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Any ideas? Roland don't seem to have any upgrades for this issue, so it must be settings that have changed, just can't figure out what! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

got this other problem too with hissing & humming even when there is no input..it sounds fine for output, its just the recording which is a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

for what its worth I'm using Edirol UA 25 with SP2 and having no problems at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

actually I sometimes get the 2nd issue you mentioned, a signal shows on my recording software when there shouldn't be one. This is intermittent. I haven't put huge time in to solving yet as its not a siginificant problem

actually I sometimes get the 2nd issue you mentioned, a signal shows on my recording software when there shouldn't be one. This is intermittent. I haven't put huge time in to solving yet as its not a siginificant problem

I realised the hissing was a result of sampling audio at 22Khz when the lowest
    sample rate the UA-25 supports is 44.1Khz

Since i now sample at the correct rate, there are no problems so far.

This may not be causing the problem you have, but its a possibility.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

as a matter of curiousity, why were you sampling at 22khz?

• Advertisement

I wasn't purposely sampling at 22Khz, it was just the default setting of Windows Sound Recorder & i didn't realise at the time. :o

Advertisement