Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Levin

Options
  • 31-03-2006 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I am interested in buying Toyota Levin Automatic.
    It should be import from Japan. Prob Year 96.
    I was driving one in Japan so I like this car, but Ive only seen Japanese imports around here.
    Is it hard to get parts here and repair would be pricy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The levin was never sold here, so any ones on the roads will be Japanese domestic market imports. They are hugely overpriced over here. but finding one won't be a problem. lots of importers have them.

Parts are availible from Toyota dealers, but can take quite some time to get in,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 tkyn22

Thanks.
    I will have to think about it.
    might be better off getting a car which is sold here, but levin looks good :D and used to drive them as well...

Is automatic essential?

yes:(
    i dont have manual license.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I got parts for a Levin from my local Toyota garage in about a week and they weren't too expensive.

• Advertisement

thanks.
    it mightn't be too bad then.
    i was advised to buy a ford forcus hatchback '00.
    they are supposed to be a good car but i'm still thinking about Levin...
    which is less noise, smooth i wonder...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Levin is a really nice car. Bit of a boy-racer favorite in this country though. Most of the ones I've seen for sale are of the 'Max Power' persuasion.

More character than a Focus...

a BMW 318 Coupe coupe be had for similar money to the Levin, It's much more refined and doesn't have the same boy racer image as the Levin

00 Levins are making around €13,000

You can get a 98 316 coupe with M pack for €12,950

yes, levin looks much much much nicer than focus...
    i know nothing about BMW cars... but they look nice too!

Advertisement