Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine Broadband- newbie

• 31-03-2006 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

New to all this broadband stuff.

Considering getting either Clearwire (Tallaght) or Imagine (business option) for a broadband option.

I have a newbie question about the imagine setup. What will the setup actually be? Only have 2 phone sockets downstairs - computer upstairs, will this involve running a new cable to my computer from the phone socket?(At the moment I have a dialup connection running upsatirs (not ideal I know)). Router and all that stuff - whats that about?

Any help would be grateful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

You could plug the tel. line you have running up for dial-up into the BB modem or you could buy a wireless router for cheap on ebay and have everything downstairs beside one of the points.

Advertisement