Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Levin

Options
  • 31-03-2006 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 49

I am interested in buying Toyota Levin Automatic.
    It should be import from Japan. Prob Year 96.
    I was driving one in Japan so I like this car, but Ive only seen Japanese imports around here.
    Is it hard to get parts here and repair would be pricy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

There were no Levins sold through the Irish Toyota network or anywhere outside of Japan. The last levins were built in 2000. There is no Levin coupe of the present Corolla, although I did see this picture on a website but it appears the car was never built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

I reckon there should be a supply of parts soon as the boy racers start crashing them. Every small garage/importer in the country seems to be selling Levins in the last six months. Carzone.ie has a lot. 10000-12000 seems to be the going rate for 99/2000 year.

I was interested myself, I've heard so much praise for the 4A-GE engine that I wanted to try it out, but can't afford a clean one at the moment.
    G Luxel wrote:
    The last levins were built in 2000. There is no Levin coupe of the present Corolla, although I did see this picture on a website but it appears the car was never built.
    Not as nice looking as the last model Levin is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

i saw 2 d reg levins on the m50 today, didnt reconise the name at first, when i got closer i saw that they were toyotas, I only renembered because i tought they were a new shape civic at first when i first saw them from behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

anyone have the specs for the levin? Im interested to see how they perform

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

There may be different models, but the one I'd have is the 20V 1.6 - over 100bhp per litre from a NA engine. Didn't delve too deeply into the spec, as I said - can't afford to buy/run/insure it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Levins are suppose to be around the 165bhp mark standard but because of the differnece in fuel etc over here they will loose power!! There are a few 94/95 supercharged ones for sale for around the 5-7k mark!! Nice cars! Easy enough to get parts for online etc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭4-age

jonny24ie wrote:
    Levins are suppose to be around the 165bhp mark standard but because of the differnece in fuel etc over here they will loose power!! There are a few 94/95 supercharged ones for sale for around the 5-7k mark!! Nice cars! Easy enough to get parts for online etc!!

ye your right the diference is huge.any standard levin over here will be no more then 103-105bhp :eek: anyone who says its more has been conned.

Advertisement