Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stupid gimmicks

• 31-03-2006 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭

An open thread to give out stink about stupid gimmicks. Ill get the ball running

Simon Dean - As I have said on a few occasions, Nova deserves better
    Eugene - Nick Dinsmore is quite talented, certainly not a retard
    Kerwin White - wtf? a Guerrero playing golf?
    Aldo Montoya - Not the first time Justin Credible would be shat on in WWE. He did have cool fireworks though.
    Who? - Who? (I think he was brought it so the commentators could have a bit of a laugh during his matches)
    The Goon - The Canadian hockey reject who feuded with Bret Hart of all people
    Christopher Street Connection - Two fat black gay men that used to be in ROH. Surely Rob Feinstein's idea.
    3 Count - The boy band thing WCW did with Shannon Moore, Shane(Gregory) Helms and some other chap
    Lance Storm being boring - that pissed me off no end!
    That 70's guy - After giving Mike Awesome $1 million to leave ECW, WCW made him do this?!!
    Mr JL - Jerry Lynn in a mask? FFS!!

Thats just a few off the top of my head. Add more

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

as posted before - enjoy the full list of crap :)

http://www.wrestlecrap.com/oldinductions.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

the spirit squad.... ugh yuck and why hasnt mitch wrestled yet????

the spirit squad.... ugh yuck and why hasnt mitch wrestled yet????

what? the spirit squad is the best stable in ages - instant heat for all of them - male cheerleaders, how could they not be hated. Plus they have some superb multi man moves - especially their quadruple bomb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

I like them too! Johnny is Johnny Jeter from OVW right? I haven't seen much but Ive enjoyed them so far, especially the catapult onto the side of the cage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

Ph3n0m wrote:
    what? the spirit squad is the best stable in ages - instant heat for all of them - male cheerleaders, how could they not be hated. Plus they have some superb multi man moves - especially their quadruple bomb

didnt say any thing bad about the wrestling.... there great wrestlers. the gimmick just doesnt appeal to me and there bloody annoying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Look at it this way, what would you do to be on RAW? These guys see the bigger picture. fair play to em!
    Very impressive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

If I had even a tiny bit of potential, these are the following I would not be just to get on Raw:
    Duke "The Dumpster" Droese
    Frenchy Martin
    The Goon
    Meat
    Rockabilly
    The Red Rooster

Just on the Spirit Squad I thought it was gonna be really bad but I think they're pretty entertaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nes303

dude the dumpster drosey
    doink
    max moon
    repo man
    the human oddities
    ...and now my mind went blank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

who was the "psycho" from the mid ninties, tall chap thinish long dark hair always slicked back and a crappy dagger tattoo on his forehead, he was rubbish, "so scary" he was dumped after about a amonth

who was the "psycho" from the mid ninties, tall chap thinish long dark hair always slicked back and a crappy dagger tattoo on his forehead, he was rubbish, "so scary" he was dumped after about a amonth

you mean Waylon Mercy??

http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/profiles/d/dan-spivey.html

actual thought it was great gimmick - nice tribute to Max Cady from Cape Fear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

Just joe
    Chaz
    Mark mero
    Barbra Bush (BB)
    D'lo (When he wore the turban...and im a big d'lo mark)
    Perry Saturn...when he loved moppy
    Decon Batista & Reverand D'von
    Mr America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

yes thats him waylon mercy, neer cared much , thought the angle was hammed up too much to take seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Boomer23

i feel sorry for Paul Burchill, great wrestler, and now he is a Pirate,a poxy PIRATE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Nightmareofgold

Anybody remember ZAnta Clause or who was that fella who wore the brown gimp mask and came out with his family and a eric cartman teddy?

that fella who wore the brown gimp mask and came out with his family and a eric cartman teddy?

That was Golga from the Oddities, who was actually Earthquake. Remember that tag team of Earthquake and Typhoon, the Natural Disasters?

Balls Mahoney was briefly in the World Wrestling Federation (now WWE) during a December "In Your House" PPV, Savio Vega and 'Santa Claus' were at ringside handing out presents and playing to the fans. Heel manager The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase then appeared. DiBiase proclaimed that he can buy off Savio Vega. As Vega argued with DiBiase, 'Santa' jumped him from behind and attacked him. DiBiase laughed his trademark laugh and introduced this warped Santa as Xanta Klaus, Santa's evil brother from the South Pole who steals presents. As Xanta, Rechner would go on to have one more appearance (on the following night's Monday Night Raw) before never being mentioned again.

Just stole that from that wikipedia thing.

Advertisement