Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SHILLPO - Notify

Options
  • 31-03-2006 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

Let's get the ball rolling here folks.

I suspect this poster of being a shill.
    Only a few posts and seems to be going the "recommend me a ...." route

miss_english http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=63841
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Hagar wrote:
    It's far too early to go accusing the user.
    She could genuinely be <snip>...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Guys, whats wrong with just using the report post feature?
    You have a comment box to enter your remarks on the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You could say the same about SigPo violations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Sparky-s wrote:
    Guys, whats wrong with just using the report post feature?
    You have a comment box to enter your remarks on the post.
    Shills and their posts generally require more than 1 opinion due their subtle nature. Report Post generally leads to 1 mod. coming along and making the decision there and then. The result would lead to far too many false positives and negatives.

Another customer perhaps.

Zaxxon http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=28651

and from the same thread

Red03 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=19536

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

Hagar wrote:
    Let's get the ball rolling here folks.

talk about jumping the gun! have you looked at her other posts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Wahey, McCarthyism in full flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Hagar wrote:

In fairness both those people have been signed up for a long time - your average shill tends to be a bit newer. This thread is only one step away from tying people to the ducking stool..

Perhaps your are right, but from their postcounts they are not active posters. How many other newbs can figure out the system well enough to have sites in their profiles and steer threads in that direction.

As always I am open to correction and this thread may be deleted or closed at the discretion of mods or admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Hagar you are completely OTT. The only one out of them that seems to be advertising is Zaxxon and he clearly states what he is at. Kinda different from shilling really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Use the report this post link. Its out of season for Witch hunts. Try again at the end of October :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Sigpo needs a thread because nearly all of the moderators cannot do anything about a person's sig. Thus it makes far more sense to have a thread. :)

Shills, well the inherent difficulty in identifying them makes it a bad idea to have a thread accusing people. If I was new and had a fetish for Cadbury's and went on about said chocolate bars in a few of my early posts I'd be quite pissed off if there were public accusations about me being a shill. Really, just because someone mentions a particular product or brand a fair bit does not mean they are a shill. In fact, it's only by observing a post history that you can really decide.

*tries to imagine seperating posters from shills on FAP*

*shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

I see no use for this bar being a complete witch hunt. If you suspect a user is a shill report the post and we will look into it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement