Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish television

• 31-03-2006 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

I've always loved the idea of TG4, and love the station a mountain of enthusiasm
    I hate TV3 ,they just expect to make money here because it's going around.

I hope the new station channel 6 proves something ,I hope they wipe out TV3 and show that good television can be exported from ireland.
    RTE will always be in my heart ,no matter what anyone says about television ,television shows us our nation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

I doubt Channel 6 will be churning out many milestones of Irish culture any time soon. If they can make a profit in the next five years they'll be happy. TV3 do indeed suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

I can't see a vast difference between TV3 and Channel 6 either tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭EireRoadUser

I haven't scene channel 6 yet ,I doub't they are going to make the mistakes of TV3 though.

I really feel we've got a lot of potential for better things than TV3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

is it true you can only get C6 through NTL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Scobie

I've always loved the idea of TG4, and love the station a mountain of enthusiasm
    I hate TV3 ,they just expect to make money here because it's going around.

I hope the new station channel 6 proves something ,I hope they wipe out TV3 and show that good television can be exported from ireland.
    RTE will always be in my heart ,no matter what anyone says about television ,television shows us our nation.

Are you for real?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Channel 6 is also available on Chorus!!!

But to me Channel 6 looks like its just trying to copy TV3!

Take 6 = Rip off of Popcorn
    Nightshift = TV3 did an interactive music show over night too

Popscene = English version of pop4 on TG4
    Access hollywood = same as a million other celeb 'magazines'

That is their Irish programming! 2 magizines and 2 music shows, but the cheapest productions EVER!!!
    The station to me for some reason sounds... kinda impersonnal, i dunno if that sounds stupid or something ... but RTÉ and TV3 have people that you know or.. something, maybe i'm just insane!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Channel 6 is also available on Chorus!!!

But to me Channel 6 looks like its just trying to copy TV3!

Take 6 = Rip off of Popcorn
    Nightshift = TV3 did an interactive music show over night too

Popscene = English version of pop4 on TG4
    Access hollywood = same as a million other celeb 'magazines'

That is their Irish programming! 2 magizines and 2 music shows, but the cheapest productions EVER!!!
    The station to me for some reason sounds... kinda impersonnal, i dunno if that sounds stupid or something ... but RTÉ and TV3 have people that you know or.. something, maybe i'm just insane!! :p

Of Course Channel 6 is going to look like tv3, They are both Supposedly Entertainment Driven Channels, both aimed at the same age bracket audience. Of course their programming is going to look like other stations content, all programmes have been done before somewhere!

Pop 4 can be likened to Everything on MTV, CDuk, Totp.
    The Late Late show can be contrasted with Parky, tubridy, etc.
    I could go on all night with lists of comparisons. Popcorn on tv3 has no presenter, Take 6 does. TV3's overnight music show music 3 had no presenters, nightshift does. Of course everything is basic at the moment as they are just on air, give them time and they will expand, and of course you know people who are on tv3 and rte...they are going a fair few years now, 6 is only on air 2 days! Give it a chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Why is it called channel 6? :confused: is there an Irish channel5 knocking around somewhere that I haven't heard of?

BTW, they're showing the pilot from Dead Like Me tonight so they're already in my good books :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I hope they don't become a clone of TV3. Two stations broadcasting that s**t would be just unbearable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

TV3 is far more worthwhile a station than Channel 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

dead like me....was shown on sky one and in general american shows that arnt shown on rte soon after are muck. Channel 6 seem to be buying show rte dnt want

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

Pigman II wrote:
    Why is it called channel 6? :confused: is there an Irish channel5 knocking around somewhere that I haven't heard of?

I think Setanta Sports is viewed as the fifth Irish channel.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

They probably also want to avoid confusion with Five in Britain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

Pigman II wrote:
    Why is it called channel 6?
    I think it's because of City Channel.

Advertisement