Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is 'Lost' the most popular forum on Boards?

• 01-04-2006 12:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭

.. well besides After Hours of course! Bit of an off-topic and some would say pointless thread but i've been wondering about this for a while now.

I mean.. i was just looking there and there's 6 (excluding myself) viewing the 'Lost Forum' at 12:30 on a Friday night. Every time i view the front page, there's at least one thread / post just after being posted in the 'Lost' forum.

And the discussion threads for the last 4 episodes of Lost have gotten between 1500 and 3000 views alone.. not to mention the Lost Babe Picture Thread (well over 6000... you'll all go blind at that rate! :D)

And also the sheer amount of people with Lost sigs or the lotto numbers in their signatures is definantly increasing.

Just find it interesting that there's so many Boards users out there annoyed at 'Lost' and the oh-so-tired over-rated show threads and yet we're still between at least 4 - 6 times the views on a discussion thread here than the 24 forum (which probably the majority of people prefer.. not me though!)

Sorry about the ramblings but just think the sheer popularity of the forum is quite amazing at times!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Probably not,in terms of posts anyway. I think the After Hours forum gets more.

But in terms of entertainment forums...ie all tv related,games related,movies etc,it seems to be a lot more popular.

I prefer Lost to 24 as well! And the Lost forum has twice as many posts,if not more,than the 24 one.

I think it has a lot to with the type of show Lost is. it creates so much discussion of what is going on,and it is one of those shows where are loads of fans coming up with dozens of therories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

tvnutz wrote:
    Probably not,in terms of posts anyway. I think the After Hours forum gets more.
    On posts alone.. of course 'After Hours' has more just due to the sheer unclassified nature of it all. Yes, i know if there's something we're about to post that belongs in another forum, it shouldn't be posted in AH but we're all guilty of posting something there looking for a quick answer / more opinions! :D
    tvnutz wrote:
    I prefer Lost to 24 as well! And the Lost forum has twice as many posts,if not more,than the 24 one.
    Can't really compare as the '24' forum has only been around a short time.. as soon as i catch up on '24'.. i'll probably give it a couple more visits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I guess it has only been there a shory time,but even still,on episode discussions alone it just about gets 2 pages. Don't get me wrong,its not a dig at the 24 forum,I post there myself and am loving this season of 24.

10,650 posts

A lot of them are from the same posters

Only 3 of the 18 or so threads that are not stickied in the default view front page have more than a 1000 views

So I would say the answer to the question is no and by a long shot.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's pretty popular alright, but PI is definately more popular, to name but one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

i would venture that the Computers forum is most popular outside After Hours. I never go to after hours cuz its too much of a jungle of tripe threads. The only forums i would go to would be:
    Computers / Webmasters / Waterford / Soccer / Lost / and some music ones

Lost is certainly one of my favourite forums. There are some really good posters who post here very often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭SandyVN

poker forum would be alot more popular then most.

Advertisement