Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Repairs in Ireland

• 01-04-2006 2:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

I have one of these Televisions:

http://www.crowncorporation.co.uk/television/details/index.asp?ProductID=71

I think the back light has failed as i can still see images on the screen but the screen is completely dark. I tried adjusting brightness ofcourse. I dont want to send it back to the UK as postage would be huge with repair included. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭andy1249

A lot of LCD tvs have a permanently fixed backlight and what this means is that unless the backlight is removable the unit is basically kaput !

You need to find out if the backlight is replaceable , the same link that you posted has the an service email address , just send them the model number and ask if the backlight is replaceable , if not , then it makes no difference who you send it too the unit has had it.

Your only option then is the warranty , if its out of warranty thats all she wrote !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Thanks for the information. I will ask crown that question.

Advertisement