Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Digital RGB output issue.

• 01-04-2006 8:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I thought this would get a better response in this forum from people that understand video signals rather than satellite issues.

When I select the output on my new Pace Sky Digital box I get a sort of corigated ghost line effect horizontally across my screen. I have it connected with a fully wired gold plated scart cable to the RGB socket on the tv.

Has anyone else expierienced this ?? I've connected up my dvd recorder to the same cable and same socket with RGB selected as the output and I don't get this ghost effect.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,332 ✭✭✭✭Tony

if you set the digibox back to composite does it appear normal?

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Tony wrote:
    if you set the digibox back to composite does it appear normal?

Yep, usual pic, its not as good as RGB though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,332 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Any time i've come across this type of pic problem it appears on boith composite and RGB IE a fault with the box. I've no other ideas TBH ,unless you can borrow another digibox, sorry i could not be of more help.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Just had the Sky engineers around to look at the problem with the box. The tried 2 other box's but had the same issue.

Then they pulled out the most up to date box, it was the standard new Sky box but looked like the new HD one and its made by Amstrad.
    This one worked ok with no image problems. Then they told me they couldn't give it to me and I have to speak to Sky about it.

WTF am I suppose to do now !!! They tell me they know my box is faulty then they won't replace it. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

It sounds like some sort of weird timing issue, basically your TV digitises the analog scan line, but to do this it times where each pixel should be. It sounds like some incomaptible combination of timings between what the standard Sky boxes generate and what your TV can digitise.

So the problem is not wholly in the Sky boxes, but possiby in how choosey your TV is to scan the picture. Check with the TV manufacturer there may be hidden setup options that might help) failing that possibly buy a compatible Sky box on ebay?

• Advertisement

Just spoke to Sky and they're giving me one of the new Amstrad box's.

One of these baby's :D

sky-box-2006.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

pH wrote:
    It sounds like some sort of weird timing issue, basically your TV digitises the analog scan line, but to do this it times where each pixel should be. It sounds like some incomaptible combination of timings between what the standard Sky boxes generate and what your TV can digitise.

So the problem is not wholly in the Sky boxes, but possiby in how choosey your TV is to scan the picture. Check with the TV manufacturer there may be hidden setup options that might help) failing that possibly buy a compatible Sky box on ebay?

You might be onto something here, does the Sky box employ any form of copy protection on its scart socket - like macrovision or some other line pulse removing/attenuating system. Have you tried recording the output from the digibox onto you DVDR ? Results ?

Does the digibox allow any form of progressive scanning that the TV can't handle ?

What about a scart with just the RGB circuit wired rather than a "fully wired" one ? I know it's irrelevant now but I'm curious . . . ???

Check this out

ZEN

Advertisement