Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie being sold to Eircom! wtf?

Options
  • 01-04-2006 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Saw it on the news this morning whats going on?! Why has there been no annoucement here yet?!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Seems to be true.... what a load of bull**** tbh. I want my subscription back.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Its true I'm afarid - My brother works for Eircom and he has been working on the deal for several months now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Unexplained downtime, bad customer service and a total disregard for the users

and Eircon aren't much better

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Sorry lads but its actually true. Please see the announcement for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Holy shít. Well, enjoy the money lads and the hookers and the cocaine. Dont worry, we all saw this coming...

Still... down with this sort of thing!

• Advertisement

This was strangely announced on the 1st of April. If it does turn out to be true then I'm out of here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 D0rk

A bit obvious no? Try harder next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

lAmerS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

sad. try harder.

shame on you hobbes for being involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

He he.....

John

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Didn't fool me for a second (well for a little second) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If you said Smart Telecom, maybe I would have believed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This is NOT an April Fools joke, ask Cloud he's had at least a few working lunches with Philip Nolan in the last month.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

mike65 wrote:
    This is NOT an April Fools joke, ask Cloud he's had at least a few working lunches with Philip Nolan in the last month.

Mike.
    eeera go away oua that.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

emot-v.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

While it will come into effect today it wasn't meant to be announced until tomorrow, for exactly this reason.

I was against it at first, but it really does give us the potential to do a lot of things, and while strictly speaking Eircom are now in control, they're likely to be hands-off on the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

R-D-R-R emot-v.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Was just about to post a hardy har har type message until I say the thread in the mod forum. Surprised at the admins to be honest, kinda goes against everything they've ever preached about. Maybe the mods will get paid now though! (bit silly announcing it today though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

This is a sad, sad day. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

april fools!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

fade2black wrote:
    Surprised at the admins to be honest, kinda goes against everything they've ever preached about.
    They never said they wouldn't sell boards, just that they wouldn't sell boards if it meant certain things they thought would be bad for boards.

Coke was interested in sponsoring community sites a few years back, but they wanted to essentially turn the whole thing into giant coke adverts. The Eircom change will be much subtler and not really affect users.

K-TRIC, persist in using the term "Eircon" and you will be site-banned.

Talliesin wrote:
    They never said they wouldn't sell boards, just that they wouldn't sell boards if it meant certain things they thought would be bad for boards.

Coke was interested in sponsoring community sites a few years back, but they wanted to essentially turn the whole thing into giant coke adverts. The Eircom change will be much subtler and not really affect users.

You really think any good can come of this? :rolleyes:

Talliesin wrote:

You're going to site-ban me for using the term "Eircon" !!!!. To the best of my knowledge there isn't a company called "Eircon", so its not a defamatory term.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

My rates are £15 Sterling per hour.... Just incase the eircom people are watching ;)

John

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

lol @ thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Talliesin wrote:

Come on, this isn't even a good april fools!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How could it be any good - it involves eircom!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

dlofnep wrote:
    Come on, this isn't even a good april fools!

That's because it isn't an april fools :(

This is gonna be like The Simpsons constantly taking the piss out of Fox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Was netwhizzkid correct about the worth of boards?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement