Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie being sold to Eircom! wtf?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Can we get free line rental now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Gordon, check the post in the S-mods forum. Under your hat, okay?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

We already got a notice from Stephens Green HQ that the IrelandOffline forum is surplus to requirements. We never liked this place anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

A-ha! :eek:

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

gotta be an april fools :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Oh come now, you really have to try harder...

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Quote from the release on the mods forum:
    We're aware of the date and also aware of the backlash that will begin as soon as April Fool's Day finishes and this news still ceases to be false. Just an unfortunate coincidence, but one in which we probably could have done without.

It's gonna be fun when the shit hits the fan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

koneko wrote:
    That's because it isn't an april fools :(

LOL, yes, yes it is!! All you mods are in on it. You don't convince me. freeeeedom!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Talliesin wrote:
    Gordon, check the post in the S-mods forum. Under your hat, okay?
    F*ck me!

Hopefully international bank transfers won't be a problem to them on a monthly basis.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

april-fools.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Wow, just did an online check and all's well for me thanks!

When are we getting the lowdown from Eircom on our future plans and targets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

I, for one, welcome our new Insect Overlords. And I'd like to remind them, that as a trusted celebrity, I can be useful in rounding up slaves to toil in their underground sugar mines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

*cough* BS *cough*

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

mike65 wrote:
    A-ha! :eek:

Mike.
    Take on me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

CuLT wrote:
    Take on me!

Take me on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Oh my, but if this is true and we do get paid for moderating, then... happy days!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Demeant0r wrote:
    Oh my, but if this is true and we do get paid for moderating, then... happy days!! :D

Get paid per forum/traffic/postcount?

kdjac

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

KdjaC wrote:
    Get paid per forum/traffic/postcount?

kdjac
    Check out the moderator forum, all the details are laid out there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The only details about this in the moderator forum is the plan to fool everyone because its 1st April

Nice try boys, but if the news was meant to be realesed tomorrow, why does the announcement stop at 12.00PM tonight :confused:

Surely it would drag longer than a day

Nice try, but I think covering boards.ie with Easyjet and stellios was more believable :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Woot free broadband!!!

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,901 ✭✭✭✭Basq

HA.. excellent stuff!

I love April Fool's Day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

If i need my phone fixed can I call you guys? I don't like speaking to the Eircom computer.... scary stuff that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭The OP

Asok wrote:
    Sorry lads but its actually true. Please see the announcement for details.
    There is no announcements page! I just looked at every forum in the menu! LIES!

pure lies

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

The OP wrote:
    There is no announcements page! I just looked at every forum in the menu! LIES!

you can get to the forum from the first post at the very top of every forum. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

The anouncement will be comprehensively updated from the first business day in April (Monday 03 April)

From the release.

I'd imagine that anouncement is just a heads up or something similiar. This is gonna get so much funnier come tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

p45's for everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Lies.

All lies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I was right all along, Boards is a valuable commodity. I have been in contact with Babcock & Brown and as this acquisition of boards.ie is currently been undertaken by the soon to be retired Eircom management it may again be sold if any asset stripping goes ahead. My company Dark Side will definitely be bidding if it goes ahead. I intend to alleviate the burden on Subscribers by making the honk forum free but on an invitation basis only. All new members will get a free t-shirt on subscribing and 8 new servers will be installed. Regi I will employ you full time to look after the technical side of things. I also shall ban all IP's from certain Telephone exchanges in an attempt to keep Bubbles at bay. I shall also hire him as a security consultant to test the new site. I shall take boards.ie into the top 20 on big boards. There will be changes Christian Neo Cons and Japanese Gamers will become slightly more prevalent as time goes on. I intend to spend over €6million on the project and realise the profits before doing an Float on the stock exchange, all members with over 2,000 posts will get free stock and be represented on the boards.ie board of management. I expect to reserve 33.33% of the stock for board’s member during the IPO. I am board’s future. I promise to eliminate hang times and downtimes and the 3.am backup will be no longer a problem.

The word wetpisskid will warrant instant site banning and IP lockdown.

• Advertisement

I'll take 400 shares!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement