Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie being sold to Eircom! wtf?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Netwhizkid...you are an utter legend , you know that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

hehe
    (A site where the word "eircoN" is mentioned in OVER 500 threads, theres somthing they would like to buy allright ;) :P )

Nice try (almost).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

I was right all along...
    Oh dear.
    asset stripping
    mmmmm....assets....mmmmm

My company Dark Side (With added hyperlink and all!)...
    Naughty spammer. go sit on the naughty step.

the honk forum
    Who told you about the honky forum? Did they tell of the secret song? Someone has to keep whitey down,damnit!

I promise to eliminate hang times and downtimes and the 3.am backup will be no longer a problem.
    Wow! "No backups. No problem."
    You,sir,are nothing short of a gehenius!
    The word wetpisskid will warrant instant site banning and IP lockdown.
    What about netpisskid? netwhizkiddyfiddler? And so on?

I am board’s future.
    I've called a meeting of all those who agree and wish to hear more from you...
    010117-raum_leer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

I for one welcome Wetpisskid as our new dictator.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Demeant0r wrote:
    Oh my, but if this is true and we do get paid for moderating, then... happy days!! :D

mods gettin paid for doin the work they do???

sure they all might as well join the council

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

netwhizkid wrote:
    I was right all along, Boards is a valuable commodity. I have been in contact with Babcock & Brown and as this acquisition of boards.ie is currently been undertaken by the soon to be retired Eircom management it may again be sold if any asset stripping goes ahead. My company Dark Side will definitely be bidding if it goes ahead. I intend to alleviate the burden on Subscribers by making the honk forum free but on an invitation basis only. All new members will get a free t-shirt on subscribing and 8 new servers will be installed. Regi I will employ you full time to look after the technical side of things. I also shall ban all IP's from certain Telephone exchanges in an attempt to keep Bubbles at bay. I shall also hire him as a security consultant to test the new site. I shall take boards.ie into the top 20 on big boards. There will be changes Christian Neo Cons and Japanese Gamers will become slightly more prevalent as time goes on. I intend to spend over €6million on the project and realise the profits before doing an Float on the stock exchange, all members with over 2,000 posts will get free stock and be represented on the boards.ie board of management. I expect to reserve 33.33% of the stock for board’s member during the IPO. I am board’s future. I promise to eliminate hang times and downtimes and the 3.am backup will be no longer a problem.

The word wetpisskid will warrant instant site banning and IP lockdown.
    Netwhizkid; why haven't you subscribed? I mean, surely you must have a credit card, what with being such a millionaire entrepeneur and 1337 internet whiz guru and stuff?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The only details about this in the moderator forum is the plan to fool everyone because its 1st April
    You've obviously never seen the mod forum. We couldn't collectively organise a pi** up in a brewery (and I mean that literally)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I've called a meeting of all those who agree and wish to hear more from you...

That room is way too busy to accuarately represent the number of people who want to hear more from him..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Someone should put this on that April Fools list on Wikipedia.

P.s. I am not willing to take a pay cut just because Juggling is in "Hosted". :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

Psst lads, it's past midday now. Time to wrap it up. ;)
    DaBreno wrote:
    I, for one, welcome our new Insect Overlords. And I'd like to remind them, that as a trusted celebrity, I can be useful in rounding up slaves to toil in their underground sugar mines.
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

P.s. I am not willing to take a pay cut just because Juggling is in "Hosted".
    pffft! you'll have to start paying for the privilege. :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Shabadu wrote:
    Netwhizkid; why haven't you subscribed? I mean, surely you must have a credit card, what with being such a millionaire entrepeneur and 1337 internet whiz guru and stuff?

Do you think millionaire entrepeneurs make big bucks by giving money to places like boards.ie??? I mean, if it had charity status he could write it off as tax-refundable, but it doesn't even have that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

I believe.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Karoma wrote:
    pffft! you'll have to start paying for the privilege. :p
    Shhh, don't give them ideas. See, you have to bring out your "game face". That way they know they're not dealing with a sucker! Then I ride the money train all the way to Otisville and beyond... eh, back to the future, excelsior.

Edit: So it's midnight. Time for the big reveal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

stevenmu wrote:
    You've obviously never seen the mod forum. We couldn't collectively organise a pi** up in a brewery (and I mean that literally)
    That's unfair.

So far we've only failed to collectively organise pіss ups in pubs and clubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭The OP

Hobbes wrote:
    you can get to the forum from the first post at the very top of every forum. :p
    No you can't. Show me a screenshot of where this mysterious link is!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How much did it go for in the end?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

The OP wrote:
    No you can't. Show me a screenshot of where this mysterious link is!

Its not there now because they stopped the announcement. Aprils Fool's is over, so why keep it up :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 /)rakai

K-TRIC wrote:
    You're going to site-ban me for using the term "Eircon" !!!!. To the best of my knowledge there isn't a company called "Eircon", so its not a defamatory term.

Plus the N key is like, so close to the M key.
    Easy to make that mistake, probably wouldn't be a very good publicity stunt for Eircom if it was revealed members of THEIR forums were banned for typos.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

WHAT?! Noooo!!!!!!!

That's like.... that's like.... just the...

NOOO!!!! And I have to find out about this on my weekend down to Cork too :-(

Could have been worse though... they could have been bought by Microsoft.

• Advertisement

****e that reminds me... I forgot all about my own website's april fools... ahh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I seen a hack on vB.org, that if you select a certain user, you can preform an aprils fool on them.

It reverses their posts, adds |_337 and generally makes it look broken, im sure if we tried that, many users would be going WTF is wrong with my posts. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Talliesin wrote:

K-TRIC, persist in using the term "Eircon" and you will be site-banned.
    What about €ircυnt? Thats my personal fav.

What about €ircυnt? Thats my personal fav.
    LOL. If you'd actually said that on the day I would have found it hard to resist sitebanning you, just for the day, to keep the joke going :D

I prefer Eircommunists myself but that doesn't seem to be catching on :P

Achilles wrote:
    I prefer Eircommunists myself but that doesn't seem to be catching on :P
    That would have made sense before they were privatised. Now we have a situation that combines the worse parts of public-ownership with the worse parts of open competition.

I wasn't really thinking about it that in depthly, it just always sounded right to me, regardless or weather it was comparable or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I think Eircommunists gives communists a bad name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

So when is the deal going through? What's in it for me?

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Please, please stop...

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement