Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condemned Demo

Options
  • 01-04-2006 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭

As I'm sure a few people know, Condemned is out for the PC (officially released yesterday, haven't seen it anywhere though). Demo is just out aswell - find it on the game sites.

Reviews for the 360 version said it wasn't amazing, so the PC version could be anything.
    Downloading the demo now anyway, shall give it a blast later on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I played the demo the game play wise it is quite similar to FEAR but with a strong focus on melee combat whereas in FEAR it was on guns.

Graphics wise on a decent PC it is identical to the Xbox 360 version you can of course go higher with AA/AF and other resolutions and what not on the PC with the appropriate hardware. Ran super smooth on my 7800GTX + max details with nothing to complain about.

The game uses the FEAR engine and many of the games textures are from FEAR as well so if it ran fine on your PC then so should Condemned.

Like FEAR it only supports certain game resolutions to input your own which is not officially supported browse to the game folder and you will find a shortcut called "view the player data folder" so open that and then edit the settings.cfg in notepad, for example for 1280x1024 set it like so;
    "ScreenWidth" "1280"
    "ScreenHeight" "1024"

If you want to use a custom resolution then be sure to set your graphics card detail settings first as it will reset the resolution if you go into that menu in the game. Also they enable v-sync by default so turn that off & leave soft shadows disabled as well.

I liked the demo but the X360 reviews said the game was fairly short, still I think it's worth a look also using those crime scene tools are way easier on the PC compared to the X360 controller I found then again just might have been me. Also they didn't take out the game achievements so you see those mentioned of the loading screen obviously they don't do anything on the PC side.

Advertisement