Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Slow Puncture

Options
  • 01-04-2006 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I've a very slow puncture, starts to go flat every 2 days or so, is it simply a case of filling it up every day or would that be too risky?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Just get it fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

cormie wrote:
    Hi,
    I've a very slow puncture, starts to go flat every 2 days or so, is it simply a case of filling it up every day or would that be too risky?

Get it repaired immediately. It could easily develop in to an 'proper' puncture.

This usually happens when:

1. You are in a hurry.
    2. It's very dark.
    3. It's very wet.
    4. You are in your best clothes.
    5. You are on a busy road with nowhere to pull over.
    6. The boot is full.
    7. The car is full of whinging women and children.
    8. The spare is flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

hehe, thanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Got it repaired for €10. Wheel "Off the car" is €10 and "On the car (meaning they have to take it off" is €15, it was on the car but I haggled it down to €10, €15 is way too much considering I need new tires anyway though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

I've had slow punctures in the past and they were actually faulty valves in the wheel. Very annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

I have one too, but I only have to top it up with air every 2 weeks or so. Got the valve replaced when I went to get it fixed, it seemed to slow it down but it's still leaking air. Its so slow that I'm afraid they won't be able to find it and try to sell me a new tyre or something. Which isn't an option for about €160! Should I go back to the place and tell them its still punctured?

Advertisement