Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeilge

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

d4gurl wrote:
    Tá se criochnaite! i cnt tel how it went. it was ok!she let me speak for most of it!i dont kno! :S

told ya not to be panicking over it, ya did grand. now get on wit ur life and kick that oral outta ur head.

U CANT CHANGE THE PAST. all you can do is focus on the present.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

precisley :D it wasnt all that bad!i just wish i knew what I got! good luck in urs (im sure ull say u wnt need it but hey il be nice :D)

d4gurl wrote:
    precisley :D it wasnt all that bad!i just wish i knew what I got! good luck in urs (im sure ull say u wnt need it but hey il be nice :D)

ah yeah, il stroll in der and put my feet up, start wafflin on about sumtin. i dont need the points like other people so theres absolutely zero pressure on me which is nice :D

our examiner asks basic stuff (or has done so far) so i shouldnt have any problems. ive a few tactics, such as putting down the longest 5 sliochts available so as to kill a few seconds, turning questions around on the examiner to kill some time and finally ive got links to most topics so i'll be grand.

theres nothing to fear but fear itself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

"Maycomb County had recently been told that it had nothing to fear but fear itself"

flashbacks of the Junior Cert there smemon.

had mine today, twas grand. she indirectly asked me if i was doing honours irish, which i found a bit sneaky.. as its not supposed to matter..

but yeah, nothin too difficult.
    what i want to do--> journalism--> watching the news --> current events
    was about as difficult as it got..

Rockerette wrote:
    "Maycomb County had recently been told that it had nothing to fear but fear itself"

flashbacks of the Junior Cert there smemon.

sorry, i lost ya there rockerette! was that an essay choice or sumtin?!

• Advertisement

sorry sorry... from To Kill A Mockingbird, which was drilled into us for 3 years :rolleyes: !
    i forgot that not everyone did it..!

that line just stuck out to me there as i read your post..

*sighs*

im getting all nostalgic now.

"shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember... its a sin to kill a mockingbird.. mockingbirds don't do anything but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat people's gardens, don't nest in the corncribs, they don't do one thing but just sing their hearts out for us...."

anyway. gaeilge.

im gonna miss reading those sliochts, they were great craic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

Rockerette wrote:
    sorry sorry... from To Kill A Mockingbird, which was drilled into us for 3 years :rolleyes: !
    i forgot that not everyone did it..!

that line just stuck out to me there as i read your post..

*sighs*

im getting all nostalgic now.

"shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember... its a sin to kill a mockingbird.. mockingbirds don't do anything but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat people's gardens, don't nest in the corncribs, they don't do one thing but just sing their hearts out for us...."

anyway. gaeilge.

im gonna miss reading those sliochts, they were great craic!
    i LOVED to kill a mocking bird!!! :D

and yeah...the sliochts....the easiest 30 marks you can get!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I found out all of yesterday that those stupid things we were reading in class were actually the ones we were going to get asked on in the oral! I thought they were some old ones and that the examiner gave you an unseen one to read out in the exam. Oh well.

My Irish teacher is the biggest joke I've ever seen. He didn't know the names of the months last week, and today there were a few of us down the back studying for our oral (which is tomorrow, also tomorrow is the deadline for my portfolio so s'later irish, but anyway) instead of doing a listening comprehension. He made us put away our notes and do the LC instead.

Like, our oral is tomorrow and he wouldn't ****ing let us study for it today in class. What an absolute dickhead, he's a little bollocks.

Does anyone know the Irish for 'portfolio' and 'November'? I think November is Samhain but I can't remember. My deadly Irish teacher was just too capable to teach us this.

Rockerette wrote:

stop showing off, i got an A in english and can't remember a thing i did. oh yeah, romeo & juliet, loada rubbish. i did get a kick out of writing 'shakespear' though (without the 'e'), used to piss off my english teacher.

aah smemon ya ****head, im not even trying to show off..
    i remember the first part of the quote, but had to google for the rest of it :D

i just liked the book...

pfft, you wouldnt understand. youre anti-english :rolleyes: :D

• Advertisement

Rockerette wrote:
    aah smemon ya ****head, im not even trying to show off..
    i remember the first part of the quote, but had to google for the rest of it :D

i just liked the book...

pfft, you wouldnt understand. youre anti-english :rolleyes: :D

im not anti-english, i just dont like reading books, poetry and drama's. sin é. i cant see how people get a kick out of looking at black lines on a white page. give me a 50" HD plasma, 7.1 surround sound system & popcorn anyday.

english needs modernised, no one reads books anymore and no1 cares about shakespear or poetry. im sorry if im too modern for you. :p

a few weeks ago i wouldve angrily replied to smemons comment.. but alas, i've grown to understand him.... :rolleyes:

im not havin a go at you here, but while you " cant see how people get a kick out of looking at black lines on a white page.", some people dont see the kick of a plasma screen adn sourround sound.

each to their own..

or like me, love both :D

Rockerette wrote:
    a few weeks ago i wouldve angrily replied to smemons comment.. but alas, i've grown to understand him.... :rolleyes:

im not havin a go at you here, but while you " cant see how people get a kick out of looking at black lines on a white page.", some people dont see the kick of a plasma screen adn sourround sound.

or like me, love both :D

i just think books are boring and uninspiring, plus they take ages to read. a film is in ur face, over in a couple of hours and highly entertaining. time is money my friend. people dont have time to waste reading books. money makes the world go round.

id prefer to have a cinema in my house than a library. plus books clutter up the place and are heavy, dvd's are thin, lightweight and can be stored easily. kids learn from interactive software more than they learn from books, fact. q.e.d. i win. argument over :D nice doin business with u.

guys why do the two of u hav to take over every board and hav a big ass discussion about tv vs book?!! i detect a bit of sexual tension between u two!hahah! kiddin btw or am i dum dum dum! :p

oh yeah, smemon....
    i bet all the girls here want him.. he's just so... charming?!?!?!
    *sarcasmetre implodes*

:rolleyes:

but anyways yah,

"when i read a good book, i wish that life were three thousand years old...."

clearly some people cant handle concentrating on somethign for more than 3 hrs... aaah well!

and smemon, dont dare Q.E.D. me when you're so far from making a decent point!

Rockerette wrote:
    clearly some people cant handle concentrating on somethign for more than 3 hrs... aaah well!

and smemon, dont dare Q.E.D. me when you're so far from making a decent point!

aye aye captain! u tryna say ive got a short attention span? i can read books if i want to, i read roy keane's autobiography in 2 days (yes, i want medal be4 u ask!).

if im interested in sumtin, i'll do whatever it takes to get it. i dont find books stimulating, colourful, moving pictures are more stimulating for me! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I think you'd like those pop-up books. Try reading one of them before completely giving up on books. If they're too advanced I'm sure there's some suitable preschool books available.

Lord Oz wrote:
    I think you'd like those pop-up books. Try reading one of them before completely giving up on books. If they're too advanced I'm sure there's some suitable preschool books available.

aha! gud 1 :cool: i'll stick to my films thank u very much, never did like books at any age! tá siad as dáta.

oh god!dis was an IRISH thread! i swear!! mod lock it please it just get stupid :
    omg u dnt like books
    omg i do
    omg GET OVER IT!
    ohh and mr rockerete (r u a guy>??)i was sayin sexual tension betwixt u and ur dear fellow smemon! hehe

jees louise, how is it getting stupid??!
    we were just having a discussion...

ok so maybe it wasnt irish related.. but its still exam related!

and nope, last time i checked i wasnt a guy....... :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement