Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Leaving Cert is cancelled.

Options
  • 01-04-2006 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

I heard from a reliable source that the leaving certificate has been postponed indefinately. It'll be announced on monday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,930 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Oh my... that's a poor attempt at an April Fool's Joke.

You need to make the joke at least SOMEWHAT believeable for it to work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Terrible, :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Oh my god really? Thats great!!!

*kills self*
    Lame joke

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Lame

ah well, just means we'll have to wait another year for college...

good one..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭d4gurl

the fool is on u cuz april fools ends at 12 pm mwahahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭abercrombie

d4gurl wrote:
    the fool is on u cuz april fools ends at 12 pm mwahahah
    yeah that's what i thought but some of my friends think it lasts all day....why DOES it end at 12pm ar aon nós??

Níl fhios agam!Ach cloiseann me go minic an scéal seo! Glacann mé leis an scéal seo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

C'était merde.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it's april fools day

the day part means it lasts for 24 hours. we still have 55minutes of fooling to go.

• Advertisement

it's april fools day

the day part means it lasts for 24 hours. we still have 55minutes of fooling to go.
    Exactly!

What's this arse that it ends at 12pm? Not exactly a DAY then, is it? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

You're sounding very bitter about that basquille.

fade2black wrote:
    well tbh they are meant to be leaving cert students, :p, it's really not that hard maths

fade2black wrote:
    Well, considering every thread i've been in.. you've been chiming this "oh, April Fool's ends at 12pm" codswallop! (apologies ladies for the atrocious language! :D)
    Cremo wrote:
    well tbh they are meant to be leaving cert students, , it's really not that hard maths
    I hope you're not insinuating i'm a leaving Cert student at 22 years of age cos....

.... my woodwork project is coming along just fine, thank you very much! :D

basquille wrote:
    I hope you're not insinuating i'm a leaving Cert student at 22 years of age cos....

.... my woodwork project is coming along just fine, thank you very much! :D

no i'm actually agreeing with you, i don't believe this crap that april fools day is only 12 hours long

Look, just google April Fools day + midday. If you're going to take part in this day you may as well take part in it properly, and not go on about how it's a day long, just because you were too late with your silly prank.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Apparently it's bad luck after 12pm, but in internet land it doesn't matter due to all the time zones

Isn't posting when your drunk fun?

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/year/april.htm

I WAS RIGHT!!! read it right there so na na na na na! I WIN!

In the United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand the April 1 tradition exists, however it is accepted that if somebody pulls an April Fool's Trick after 12pm (mid-day), then the person pulling the trick is actually considered the fool (this caveat may also exist in other countries).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Hey OP I thought it was brilliant. Keep it up. We can have an anniversary prank next weekend in memoriam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Anto and Moe

That would have been happy making.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Lord Oz wrote:
    I heard from a reliable source that the leaving certificate has been postponed indefinately. It'll be announced on monday.

*/ smashes head repeatedly against keyboard while in great great pain

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Some of you have no sense of humour whatsoever. I can only hope it's the leaving cert stress getting to ye. If not, you've got bigger problems than the leaving cert.

should i tell u? well i actually believed u were telling the truth and got all excited and then I came in the thread and saw what a crap april fools blah........but in all fairness u are the fool for tellin d joke after 12!i suppose u made one very dumb girl almost beliebe u! we do hv a sense of humour ill hv u kno but cum on ur joke not to funny blah im tired im wafflin nite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

But surely if a joke is funny before 12, it's funny after 12 too? It's a stupid rule.

Advertisement