Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil Discovered in UCD!

Options
  • 01-04-2006 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭

Just heard that one of the building sites on campus think they've hit oil! Can you imagine? Brady must be grinning from ear to ear, the place will be worth millions.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

01/04/06 i see...

brady does however want to build both a hotel and shopping mall.... dundrum be afraid, be very afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

awww come on! you could've atleast pretended, nobody tried it! It was a bit **** though...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

elmyra wrote:
    Just heard that one of the building sites on campus think they've hit oil! Can you imagine? Brady must be grinning from ear to ear, the place will be worth millions.
    I also notice that it's after 12pm, in which case :eek:, what a scary scary thought.

*goes to prepare emergency lets-use-the-money-to-build-the-new-student-centre motion for Council*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

elmyra wrote:

is this a april fools joke :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

elmyra wrote:

thats the worst april fool ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yeah and the fact you posted it after mid day makes it even worse.

What's this thing about after twelve? :confused:

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

An ill thought-out joke. UCD was excavated in the 70s to put in those tunnels everyone is always banging on about. In addition, people haven't "struck oil" in the sense of coming across it accidentally since the 1800s. Sorry to wreck your buzz, but try harder next year!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Red Alert wrote:
    01/04/06 i see...

brady does however want to build both a hotel and shopping mall.... dundrum be afraid, be very afraid.
    We are afraid. Very afraid. And that's just the shopping centre

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

An ill thought-out joke. UCD was excavated in the 70s to put in those tunnels everyone is always banging on about. In addition, people haven't "struck oil" in the sense of coming across it accidentally since the 1800s. Sorry to wreck your buzz, but try harder next year!

Yep, I accept it was a bad one, what can you expect from a girl who gets her ideas from Saved By The Bell? *hangs head in shame*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

What's this thing about after twelve?
    April fools jokes are no longer valid after midday which means your just a down right liar ;)

What? I didn't know that, genuinely! Aw damn, I'm so blonde!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Not as bad as far as April fools Go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

B-K-Dzr wrote:
    April fools jokes are no longer valid after midday which means your just a down right liar
    I didn't know that either, tbh.

Kinda makes April Fool's Day a bit of a misnomer if you ask me, it should be more accurate to call it April Fool's 12 hours...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 nursebetty

I believed you until I thought about it...if that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

nursebetty wrote:
    Ah my little naive one... It's good to know there is still trusting innocence in big bad UCD.You have restored some of my faith in humankind and I thank you...:)Your Champion Forever,boneless!!!

boneless wrote:
    Ah my little naive one... It's good to know there is still trusting innocence in big bad UCD.You have restored some of my faith in humankind and I thank you...:)Your Champion Forever,boneless!!!

its prob'ly cos i'm a country person and i've never heard of any tunnels. i got caught 3 times today

nursebetty wrote:
    its prob'ly cos i'm a country person and i've never heard of any tunnels. i got caught 3 times today

Desist from depricating yourself!! When I'm in chivalry mode sit back and take the compliments... I'm usually a scathing and scorpy ould boll**ks!!!! :D

um..ok. thanks!

You are very welcome!!!:)

I also see you only joined our merry band today. Many welcomes and I hope you stay sane!!

• Advertisement

Stay sane? I never was.

But thank u i only found this today

Welcome to the Lunatic Asylum nursebetty...

Watch out for boneless - he doesn't bite, but he does other... things...

I never drool on a boardsies first day Seb... I wait at least two days....

Ah yes, the old "lull them into a false sense of security and then drown them in spittle" approach... Delightful. I must make note of that: Napkins to be provided for all new boardsies 2 days after meeting boneless, so as to avoid... legal problems...

nursebetty wrote:

thanks.....welcome to boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

ooh fresh meat ;)

welcome to the UCD boards :D

Thanks every1. Ya probably wont c much of me with the exams coming up but thanks 4 the welcome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

nursebetty wrote:
    Thanks every1. Ya probably wont c much of me with the exams coming up but thanks 4 the welcome!

Famous last words-we'll probably see more of you round here with the exams coming up-boards=great study distraction!

I was gonna post an april fools too but then thought meh i cant be bothered.Mine was gonna be that Brady had to resign because of some sort of scandal involving glenda gleeson,I hadnt fully thought it out so thats why I gave up on the idea.

Aw that's way better than mine, you should have!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

anyone else reminded of that Saved By the Bell episode where they found oil and imagined what it would be like?
    A very poignant story..with some dead duck in it.

Advertisement