Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resi 4 (pc)and DMC 3 special edition (pc) out 28th apr

Options
  • 01-04-2006 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

only just noticed this now. these two are out 28th of april. would be very interesting to see how well they look on pc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Onimusha 3 looks fairly nice on the pc at high resolutions, so i'm holding hope for DMC3...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

April... fools?

I checked their due date a couple of weeks ago, AFAIR late april is actually true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

No, it's genuine NekkidBibleMan, www.play.com have had them listed for release since Christmas. I'll definetely look into picking up Resident Evil 4 but I wouldn't be fussed on Devil May Cry tbh, not my cup of tea after experiencing the first one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

DMC 3 is fantastic but wouldn't really suit the PC format imo.

Laguna, it's not that it isn't your cup of it, it's because you're crap at games :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Laguna, it's not that it isn't your cup of it, it's because you're crap at games :p
    :p
    Pfft, I'm class at games..

Nah, seriously, I completed DMC 1 easily enough, I just found the game repetitive and there wasn't much else to it bar the constant hacking and slashing and I feel that DMC 3 would be 1 again lather/rinse/repeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I'll be nabbing Resident Evil 4 at any rate.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Laguna wrote:
    :p
    Pfft, I'm class at games..

Nah, seriously, I completed DMC 1 easily enough, I just found the game repetitive and there wasn't much else to it bar the constant hacking and slashing and I feel that DMC 3 would be 1 again lather/rinse/repeat.

You shouldn't have played it on easy difficulty. The is far more strategy to fights if you don't go for the easy way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Actually, just looking at play.com now, and it says that Resident Evil 4 is out on the 2nd of June. Oh well, at least I've got Oblivion to keep me away from boredom. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

resi 4 with mouse aim....oooooooooo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

these dates were only updated on the 27th march. play.com tends to be rrather slow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

just started RE4 on the cube
    seems clunky so far. i keep wanting the camera to zoom out and the c-stick camera control is backward compared to how i want it (cant be changed)

is there a button i can press to make him run?

C stick aiming can be inverted in the options. Also hold the B button to run.

I never actually bothered with C stick aiming... it seems to have been thrown in as an extra, rather than being an integral part of the controls.

pressing down+B at the same time does a handy 180 degree spin btw

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote:
    C stick aiming can be inverted in the options.
    Essential for me...

Turning with the C-Stick is faster too, for those tight moments with Dr. Salvador.

I always play inverted as well.

Don't know how you survived without C stick aiming in Resi 4 tman. Headshots take down enemies very effectively (not to mention the fantastic head explosions) especially the buggers with the creatures sticking out of their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Although once you get to the red-robed guys near the end of the game (instant fat parasite when you head shot them)... i prefer a non-spreading weapon straight to the chest. Or grenades :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Is the DMC3 special edition comming out on ps2? apparently you can play as vergil in it, hell yeah! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭bugs

Shot to the foot or ankle hobbles them, first half of the game all you can do is a spinning kick off it, second half allows you to supplex which has a 50% chance of destroying the head (never spawns a parasite), saves untold amounts of ammo.
    Rhyme wrote:
    Although once you get to the red-robed guys near the end of the game (instant fat parasite when you head shot them)... i prefer a non-spreading weapon straight to the chest. Or grenades :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I never even realised that there was C-stick aiming in Resi4. Mouse aim will make the game a piece of piss though.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I always play inverted as well.

Don't know how you survived without C stick aiming in Resi 4 tman. Headshots take down enemies very effectively (not to mention the fantastic head explosions) especially the buggers with the creatures sticking out of their heads.
    ehm, by "c stick" i meant the right analogue stick... the one with a "c" on it:p
    i only ever touch the left stick when playing resi4

Advertisement