Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Radio 5 Live

• 01-04-2006 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Just a quick one
    does anyone know how to get radio 5 live in ireland

As it only works if you have a connection to the net in the uk...nbx!"
    as the BBC web site states "This coverage is available to UK users only"

anyway of spofing you're location on the web or even if anyone else is getting it in the UK and bounching it back to the other people of the World!!

Thanks again
    Dan:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Location. 909 and 693 MW works around Dublin and the northern half of the country.

If you have NTL cable, then you can tune in via FM quality. Frequencies here

If you have Sky Digital, you need to manually tune it into the "other channels" option. Details here

If you still want the net at this stage... I'm not heard of anyone doing it. They have firewalled it to UK ISP IP addresses, so in essence, not much chance of getting it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Try 909 or 693 on medium wave. Failing that, if you have sky, I think if you take your sky card out and re-insert it upside down then your sky box will default to the English settings. Just scroll through the listings until you get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

Hi thanks all

I Did want it for the web (so I could listern to the last few matches of the season from Work)..But never reliazed that I could use my Sky box...
    Thanks for the info..if I hear of a station broadcasting any football matches will let you know

thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

olearydc wrote:
    Just a quick one
    does anyone know how to get radio 5 live in ireland

As it only works if you have a connection to the net in the uk...nbx!"
    as the BBC web site states "This coverage is available to UK users only"

anyway of spofing you're location on the web or even if anyone else is getting it in the UK and bounching it back to the other people of the World!!

Thanks again
    Dan:confused:

Works fine for me on eircom/ibb/ntl

smashey wrote:
    Try 909 or 693 on medium wave. Failing that, if you have sky, I think if you take your sky card out and re-insert it upside down then your sky box will default to the English settings. Just scroll through the listings until you get it.

That method can be used if you..

Tune to 501 (Sky News)
    Press red.
    Once interactive loads, turn card upside down
    Exit interactive (press back up)
    You now get the British EPG line up, with BBC 1 at 101 and ITV1 Central W as 103.
    0105 is Radio 5 Live then.

But if that is hassle, try the setup guide in ICDG I linked to there, and all you will have to press is Services, 6, (8 on Sky+) and Select.

Hope this helps.

ntlbell, it used to work on NTL (5 Live and Premiership matches) up until a few months ago, when NTL used the former UK parent company as a backhaul. 5 Live will broadcast as normal during the week, but depending on the sport/matches, it more often than not is off-air. Unless you have alternative methods. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭olearydc

Hi

Am working for American company here in Cork
    all our IT stuff..the routing and Ip address's go through to the states

If you did a look-up on my IP address, it would show up to the head office in the USA...long story but can be a bit of hassel when using credit cards and stuff on the net and their secruity is getting a bit concerned about locations of IP address..

anyhow...
    And DMC

will be doing that as soon as I get home...the messus will be well annoyed with you if/when it works!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

I noticed this on the BBC web site under Radio Audio Help :
    Why can't I listen to some Five Live sporting events online?
    We only have the rights to broadcast certain sporting events in the UK - not worldwide. These include Premiership football matches and Formula One Grand Prix. So you can listen on 909 & 693AM and on digital radio and digital TV - but not over the internet because this can be accessed across the globe

Why can't I listen to football commentary on my local radio station?
    For a number of high profile sporting events, such as the Premiership, the BBC only holds the rights to broadcast live commentary locally to the area covered by our radio transmitters. Our internet service is available across the UK and around the world and therefore we need to blank all output for which we do not hold international rights. We apologise for any inconvenience, but you can still listen to live commentary from your local station on your radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

DMC wrote:
    Location. 909 and 693 MW works around Dublin and the northern half of the country

works fine in the south east too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭Antenna

Mossy Monk wrote:
    works fine in the south east too

I'd imagine he is in a steel framed building, that will kill any MW reception along with interference from computers etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

??????

That's true, he mentioned he was at work in reply.

Advertisement