Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panic attacks

Options
  • 01-04-2006 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭

So... who out there is having them or other wobblies because they

A) Haven't studied?

B) Have too many essays/assignments and not enough time to complete them?

C) Insert own catagory.

I'm fu(ked..... all three above!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

First Years! Never an issue when it comes to exams or essays.

Write a paragraph on the French Revolution? Or The Hard one, Account for Rising Sea Levels in prehistoric europe? :D

Yeah, Im goin back to bed:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah...
    Cold sweats, the shakes, inability to sleep at night, inability to get up in the morn, knots in stomach, butterflies in stomach, an entire flourishing ecosystem in stomach, empty stomach... Sorry what was I on about?
    Oh yes - nervous tension, anxiety...

For Larien this fear makes her study harder.

For me, it just makes me want to crawl under my bed and hope that everything will just magically work itself out.

Could happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Well....I have a theory that for English all you really need to do is know what happened in the course texts and then you can somehow apply it to the question....unfortunately I didn't really go to lectures in the first semester....ever....so I'm screwed anyway.

History.....I actually just can't talk about it. So dead it's not even funny.

If I actually had all the notes I think six weeks is plenty of time to learn them, but I was a bit lazy before Christmas so I have about six sheets of paper for an entire semester of lectures.

Hands up who'll be seeing me around August then?

elmyra wrote:
    Hands up who'll be seeing me around August then?
    Final year students don't have the luxury of Autumn Repeats, unfortunately...:(

SebtheBum wrote:
    Final year students don't have the luxury of Autumn Repeats, unfortunately...:(

You came across as a very intelligent, succinct individual Matthew (Geoffrey?!) dearest, you shall pass first time!

• Advertisement

Geoffrey?! God, that's even worse...

Thanks for your (misplaced and mistaken) vote of confidence anyway darlin!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Vitamins, oils, healthy diet and ffs LOTS OF REGULAR SLEEP.

If they're bad then go to doctor and get xanax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

ApeXaviour wrote:
    Vitamins, oils, healthy diet and ffs LOTS OF REGULAR SLEEP.

If they're bad then go to doctor and get xanax

I'll stick to Porterhouse Red and strong coffee....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

boneless wrote:
    I'll stick to Porterhouse Red and strong coffee....
    Coffee is good, low continuous doses are excellent for keeping one alert during study. But not 4 hours before you go to bed. The beer wont help unless its as a reward for something. Hard week's study etc.

SebtheBum wrote:
    Geoffrey?! God, that's even worse...

Thanks for your (misplaced and mistaken) vote of confidence anyway darlin!:D

Hey, Owen thinks you're a Geoffrey, don't blame me.

Ya know every time I look at your location that song The Ferryman comes into my head, agggghhh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Im sure Enda rewards a hard weeks drinking with some study

Grimes wrote:
    Im sure Enda rewards a hard weeks drinking with some study
    It's like you can see into my thoughts... I do believe now!!Beer is my only friend and staves off the panic of reality.

Your methods intrigue me, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter...

SebtheBum wrote:
    Your methods intrigue me, and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter...

Yessss!!! *sucker alert*... Put 20 quid in a brown paper bag and put it under the backside of the one called boneless when you see him on Monday and your newsletter will be dispatched by his minions for your perusal and enjoyment.

Disclaimer:

(Not responsible for any actual production or distribution of newsletter; fee paid at "donors" discretion).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

every year i do it in september i say im not leavin it till the last minute im goin to work consistently and not be up shiit creek at exam time, here i am 5 weeks before exams and i am well and truely up chocolate creek without a popsicle stick **** sake what am i like!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭scop

Ya'll be grand, Seb you'll be grand, Ive heard you talk the talk, just apply it to the paper.

scop wrote:
    Ya'll be grand, Seb you'll be grand, Ive heard you talk the talk, just apply it to the paper.

yes we can all talk the talk but (you know where this is going) can we walk the walk???:rolleyes:

I haven't been able to walk since boards beers! :D

elmyra wrote:
    I haven't been able to walk since boards beers! :D

I did not kneecap you too, did I? I have a very hazy memory of a smoking Smith and Wesson... oh! No! That was another night...

I'm trying to write an essay at the moment but Boards keeps calling to me... Peachy!! Ban me for a week!!!

Nope, you didn't! I was just standing for ages and ages and ages in heels. Seb did say I had nice feet when I took my shoes off though...I'm very proud of that. I hate feet....except my own...I have a phobia.

Essay= meh. I have a 3,000 worder due on tuesday. Current word count- 67!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I have only read and understand 20 pages of my Quantatative economics book and have not glanced at psycology.

I have only read and understand 20 pages of my Quantatative economics book and have not glanced at psycology.

You're still drunk... I hope!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Elmyra, english is as follows: First year - "know" one text per question you have to answer.
    Second year - "know" two texts per question you have to answer.
    Third year - "know" four texts per question you have to answer.

By "know" I mean be able to bullsh!t convincingly. Besides, it's not like you're in final year, all you need is 40%, unless you want to go straight into a H.Dip, because that's based on your second year exam results (your 3rd year ones won't have come through on time).

Firespinner - stop showing off. Besides, it's not about knowing the book, it's about knowing the questions and being able to answer what comes up. All that excess knowledge will damage your brain.

Thanks Blush, I think I can manage that, though the thing is I 'may' want to go straight into a H. Dip.

I think English will be okay though. It's history that's majorly problematic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

Nope, you didn't! I was just standing for ages and ages and ages in heels.
    We did say to take of your shoes. However in your defence that ground was bloody freezing :eek:
    I have a phobia.

You have a phobia? ;)

Come on....I did try it before I knocked it.....hehe I then I got you to take yours off....man I'm such a trendsetter. Ground was freezing though!!

Yeah yeah I'm a phobia-filled freak. Those are the only 3 though, and at least they're original!

fcuk all u first years u have no idea what real ucd exams are like!! u had half of yours at christmas so if i hear any of ye complaining, the can of whoop ass will be opened!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

its bad enough to drive me to drink, however the time I had no jam for my toast also drove me to drink, so maybe Im not picky

its bad enough to drive me to drink, however the time I had no jam for my toast also drove me to drink, so maybe Im not picky

having no car drove me to drink...

I have to finish these essays... they are due tuesday!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

woah woah woah woah.....tuesday??

Whats due Tuesday???

Advertisement