Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panic attacks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I'm worried cos i'm not panicking. I'm freakishly calm. Not even seeing the provisional exam dates creeped me out.
    I must be ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yes im having a panic attack.i have 7 subjects to do and havenot even started 1 yet.and 4 weeks left to go:mad: i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

scop wrote:
    Ya'll be grand, Seb you'll be grand, Ive heard you talk the talk, just apply it to the paper.
    Heh, cheers mate, but as ya know that's easier said than done... For if you haven't the examples and readings to back up the talk, the exam is 3 hrs of me sitting there with a blank head and a heavy heart - trust me, been there more times than I'd care to remember!

Ya'd think I woulda learned to be organised and diligent by now, wouldn't ya?:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ah Seb, you'll be grand. I have faith in you. (I also have faith in the healing power of chocolate... It helped to fix my broken foot, honest!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

woah woah woah woah.....tuesday??

Whats due Tuesday???

Don't worry... archaeology crap...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I'm actually kinda freaking out about my one 1,000 word essay and my one 1 hour exam. The thought of failing my repeat year sends a shiver down my spine!

I'm gonna get stoned to death for my complaining here about my easy run in aren't I?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

boneless wrote:
    having no car drove me to drink...

I have to finish these essays... they are due tuesday!!

you on last minute stuff too? thought you planned on getting them out of the way before the break :p

my brain refuses to work properly, i can still do stuff, it just takes 10 times longer than usual.
    blargh

final year makes jean a sad panda

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm freaking out a little bit... I haven't done enough over the 3 weeks off, and the programming assignment I have due tomorrow I haven't a clue how to do it! Also our project... *sigh* I've done nothing, but my whole group has pretty much been sick for the holidays.

Seraphina wrote:
    you on last minute stuff too? thought you planned on getting them out of the way before the break :p

my brain refuses to work properly, i can still do stuff, it just takes 10 times longer than usual.
    blargh

final year makes jean a sad panda

In the words of my favourite poet 'The best laid plans o' mice and men...' etc.

He also wrote a lovely epithaph to his maiden aunt;

"Here lies the body of Sarah Burns,
    Wha' she wouldn't gie to a man
    She nae gie's to worms".

Classy bloke, Rabby Burns... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

woah woah woah woah.....tuesday??

Whats due Tuesday???
    boneless wrote:
    Don't worry... archaeology crap...

Thank the Lord! Enda, you nearly gave me a heart attack!!! I actually got cold shivers! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Larien

SebtheBum wrote:
    Yeah...
    Cold sweats, the shakes, inability to sleep at night, inability to get up in the morn, knots in stomach, butterflies in stomach, an entire flourishing ecosystem in stomach, empty stomach... Sorry what was I on about?
    Oh yes - nervous tension, anxiety...

For Larien this fear makes her study harder.

For me, it just makes me want to crawl under my bed and hope that everything will just magically work itself out.

Could happen.

I never said it made me study harder. I said it forced me out of bed in the morning with the intention of studying. But 'studying' quickly degenerated into listening to music, watching hours of west wing/blackadder, or just randomy lying down, staring at the ceiling and being scared... funny how that happens!

Hermione* wrote:
    Thank the Lord! Enda, you nearly gave me a heart attack!!! I actually got cold shivers! :eek:

I do have that effect on most women I've been told...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

The handcuffing attempt on Thursday night was more than enough, thank you!

Ah! That's just foreplay where I grew up... wait 'til I take out the club... :D

Advertisement