Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Problems selling my car..

Options
  • 01-04-2006 5:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

No i'm not using this site to offload my car.... :)

Just looking for advice on how to sell my Ford Fiesta 04 TDCi privately..

I've had it advertised on carzone.ie a few weeks now & not a single offer.

Whats the suggest selling price of these, or would i be best going to a garage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Click here, it's a forum on the site where you can offload your car;)

Go to cbg.ie/carzone.ie to look at what models of similar spec are going for and price it accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I don't reckon these are worth more than €10,000 to €10,500 privately,

New petrols start at around €15,000, or close to €13,500 straight.

You can't take a trade in and offer no warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Why not advertise it here on Boards? Lots of potential customers here!

This forum Shop/For Sale/FS Motors

Click this link:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Suggest that you, as a new user, read the Charter at the top of the forum before posting the car for sale.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

colm_mcm wrote:

You can't take a trade in and offer no warranty.

Why should he offer a warrantee, ford warrantees it for three years, which means the balance will go the the new purchaser. Doh!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Patience :-) I had my car on carzone but it took a month to sell it...only had to drop the price by 400 lids in the end....theres always someone who will want to buy what u have....just gotta hang in there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

I sell cars now and again and i find it very difficult to sell at this time of the year,its a buyers market at the moment not the sellers

The best time of the year to sell is late december all of jan then August/sept
    If you do sell it in the next few weeks you will get less for it than what you might have in the months ive stated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Mate had a focus, a petrol one mine you but couldn't sell it. There is two many Focus's on the road in Ireland so the choice if someone(God know why) wants to buy a Focus there is plenty of choice with everyone under cutting each others prices to get there's sold. He had to drop over 2 grand before he got rid of his. Last time he said he would ever go near one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Mayshine wrote:
    Why should he offer a warrantee, ford warrantees it for three years, which means the balance will go the the new purchaser. Doh!

Ford only offers a two year warranty on new cars in the good old Republic of Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Have you tried putting it in the buy and sell for a week or two.
    I had my motorbike on cbg.ie for a month with several colour pictures and didn't get a single response. Put in in buy and sell for a week and got 3 responses, sold it within 48 hours of placing the add and at a good price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Mayshine wrote:

Fords warranty is 2 years. Doh!

Why would you pay more for a private sale than you would from a dealer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Fords warranty is 2 years. Doh!

my fault, but wow that is pretty poor on ford's behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Is this still FS?

Advertisement