Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garda Lancer Evolution IX

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

The french have got the right idea for their cop cars too...

Who would win in a race though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 laddy

the gardai on harcourt street have 2 isuzu troopers with tinted windows and a renault kangoo although i'm sure the kangoo is for transpoting boxes of parerwork around!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Troopers = ERU

They are based at Harcourt Sq.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

it was in the herald today that the garda are getting another evo and the 1st evo is mainly to patrol the m1.
    also they are testing the new skoda octiva rs soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

drdre wrote:
    it was in the herald today that the garda are getting another evo and the 1st evo is mainly to patrol the m1.
    also they are testing the new skoda octiva rs soon.

pix !!! somone must have a camera around the evo garda car .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Tipsy Mac wrote:
    Says it all really, someone making a decision to purchase a car for €11,400 more than a safer car costs.

Dont forget they dont have to pay vat, vrt etc, makes it a lot cheaper.

elexes wrote:
    pix !!! somone must have a camera around the evo garda car .

i donot have a picture as i was driving and i knew they were guards so why would i show them i was using a phone.i would be caught for careless driving or something.but its just a standard evo 8 brand spanking new silver in colour.as far as i can remeber it was a plate in the 20000 range.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

I've never seen or heard of a Garda vehicle which was not Dublin registered. I'd be very interested in hearing more about this.

It was back in I998 and I noticed a Vectra with an 89 RN number plate pull
    up at a car crash on the street with one of those blue flashers that had been
    taken out of the glovecompartment. It also had those aerials on the rear quarter panel that was pointed down towards the rear door.

As regards evos and gallardos, I have heard that in the State of Brunei or is it Oman, there used to be Rolls Royce Silver Spirit Police cars? Is there any further information on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

poliziastrada_gallardo2.jpg
    tbh, perhaps a new thread would be apt though, entitiled "Here's the unmarked Garda car I saw today"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

G Luxel wrote:
    I've never seen or heard of a Garda vehicle which was not Dublin registered. I'd be very interested in hearing more about this.

They all have Dublin plates because they are registered to hq in the Phoenix Park.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

Corega wrote:
    tbh, perhaps a new thread would be apt though, entitiled "Here's the unmarked Garda car I saw today"
    First person to take a snap while wearing tracka's and a celtic jersey gets a prize! Bonus points if your friends get a pic of you being bundled into the back of a D reg vectra by two big fella's from the country.
    Onkle51 wrote:
    They all have Dublin plates because they are registered to hq in the Phoenix Park.

With exceptions, as stated by another poster, for surveillance use. Drug squad for example. Although by your use of the word hq I'm guessing I may be contradicting a guard. Never wise is it.

*runs and hides*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

Not exactly environmentally friendly these cars are they?
    Is this the example the guards should be setting? Maybe they could try to use public transport more often instead of driving round in a gas guzzling car!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

dts wrote:
    Is this the example the guards should be setting? Maybe they could try to use public transport more often instead of driving round in a gas guzzling car!

As long as people only steal cars on bus routes?:confused:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

dts wrote:
    Are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

dts wrote:

:D , nice one, you are joking, right?

Anyway, dont they use Horses and Bicycles in city centres. Also, alot of guards walk...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Just out of curriousity, why an Evo 8/9, with its 6000 mile servicing/ horrendous fuel economy if it is a motorway pusuit car? Surely something like a 535d or similar would be a much better bet. Plus with the suspension on the Evo you can be sure the cops are going to make a claim in 20 years for a screwed up back or something

Cross country I could understand but motorway???

You be honest, all you have to do is drive your car at 200kph and wait for the evo to run out of fuel ;)

Actually I wouldn't be susprised if the engine of the thing fell out after 50k knowing how hard and oftern it will be driven and how little care it'll get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Has anyone gotten any snaps of it yet?

I wonder if only a limited number of members in the core can drive it or if it has guidelines set out.No doubt it will be ragged by them and expect to see it in public auction with 150'000 miles on the clock at some stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

prospect wrote:
    :D , nice one, you are joking, right?

Anyway, dont they use Horses and Bicycles in city centres. Also, alot of guards walk...

Yes it was a joke, makes you think though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭ek942

Don't worry everyone,it'll be wrapped around a tree in no time,like all the cossies they got in the 90's.Just be thankful you don't live in Japan!

ek942 wrote:
    Don't worry everyone,it'll be wrapped around a tree in no time,like all the cossies they got in the 90's.Just be thankful you don't live in Japan!

those pics are good, i would love the skyline or wrx.:D but hope the police donot get them here

• Advertisement

more japs

ek942 wrote:
    more japs

whats the see throuh plastic on the bonnet of those jap cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

don't know but they don't look that pedestrian safe!

The windows on the soarer don't look too driver safe.Probably 2 cops banging in it or something

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Corega wrote:
    poliziastrada_gallardo2.jpg

Just imagine if the gardai had that, the usual "ahh do I have to go out driving today", will turn into a rush for the keys to see who can get the car.

Plus they will be waiting like a dog for the next chase.

A fast cop car, jesus your looking at it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

those jap cars ive a question may sound dumb but eh !

on the front bonnet of each they have a kinda plexiglass bit sticking up . is this to give more force to keep the car to the ground ? or is this protecting some sort of device behind the glass ?

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Cerberus

I'd guess the perspex glass is to disrupt the flow of air in front of the windscreen and therefore keeping flies,bugs,dust etc from hitting the windscreen. It probably collects the majority of flies that would be coming over the bonnet as well. You'd see them on big trucks and jeeps in yankee land and australia as well. I may be completely wrong though... :p
    I'd say they are a complete pain in the ass though as the visibility out of the skyline is poor at the best of times.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

The Evo IX has gone back, apparently it was on test. They are getting a Subaru somthingorother in on test now.

Advertisement