Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Legal or not?

Options
  • 01-04-2006 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Bought a car on monday. NCT was up at the end of Feb, not taxed either because Im waiting on the Licensng Cert to come back. My needed renewal so I sent it off on wednesday

I rang the insurance company - they say i am insured but they cant send me out the disc until I send them a copy of the driving license and NCT both of which I dont have

So basically, I am driving round with no license, tax, no insurance disc displayed and NCT out of date
    If Im pulled - can I get leverage seen as I've only bought the car

What are the rules regarding this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

If i were u mate id get the bus till u got the documentation:D Remember the extra PP rules are coming in on monday and they will be eager to get ppl to make an example of..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

you have answered your own Q in the last sentence. No, it is far from legal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

If you have a smack the Insurance Co. will run a mile!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

You are legally allowed 10 days in which to display an insurance disc - however a Garda could 'do you' for everything else....no excuses accepted (unless you meet a very nice Garda :D )

Advertisement