Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oblivion V*****e cure (spoiler)

• 01-04-2006 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭

Hey. Can someone tell me if there is a cure for vampirism? Even if it's a cheat. I thought I saved it before getting infected, but it was saved just after. My previous save is about 4 levels back so I don't want to have to use that. Help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Ah. Ta mate

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Duras

Why would anyone want to cure from vampirism?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Cause it's a pain in the neck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Malafus

Drakar wrote:
    Cause it's a pain in the neck?

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Horrendous puns aside, there is the matter of the sun incinerating you if you don't feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

you could always not sleep, but you get some awesome stat modifiers and skills at the different stages of vampirism at a cost of not being able to go out during the day and having people not want to talk to you and if you really need to talk to people, you can charm them. Vampirism rocks :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I haven't played as a vamp yet, can it be contracted from random vampire killing or do you have to be given the disease by someone with it

I took a cure disease potion before the 3 days were up. Never turned into one....
    I kinda want to be one now! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭Liquidus

when you've completed some missions for the dark brotherhood,
    you have the option to become one.

• Advertisement

Liquidus wrote:
    when you've completed some missions for the dark brotherhood,
    you have the option to become one.

Um, that's how it happened...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

You can turn into a vamp from just fighting them, random chance I think. Other than that, you can become one willingly (through the Dark Brotherhood).

I prefer playing without vampirism. It's an inconvenience (damn sunburn), and I prefer not having those extra bonuses on stats, feels a bit "cheaty".

Well I got attacked by one and picked it up again anyway! Great. I remember it was a nightmare trying to become obe in Morrowind. They used to always just kick my ass, I'd run away and nothing. I think the only reason I beat this one (actually it was a female Vampire-Monk....) was because she was unarmed. Fisticuffs with a Vampire! "You have contracted
    Polywatcha-mafcuk"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I might be wrong on this, but I seem to find it harder to pick-pocket sleeping people when I'm at full on vampirism stage than I do when I've been feeding. They always seem to wake up, anyone else notice this ?

stevenmu wrote:
    I might be wrong on this, but I seem to find it harder to pick-pocket sleeping people when I'm at full on vampirism stage than I do when I've been feeding. They always seem to wake up, anyone else notice this ?

Can't you just murder them and take their stuff?

(Ah, the mindset of a cold blooded killer)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Yes i took one cure disease and i was cured.. but i had not turned yet.. only infected with the disease. It was while doing the Azura quest...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Zillah wrote:
    Can't you just murder them and take their stuff?

(Ah, the mindset of a cold blooded killer)
    Ah, I was passing through a guard tower in the middle of a mission and just thought I'd help myself to some of their stuff, I didn't really want to get caught up in a big fight at the time. (also, if I murder everyone I want to rob, pretty soon there'll be noone left to rob at all).

People are a renewable resource :D

Advertisement