Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skangermobiles

• 01-04-2006 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

OK folks...whats the best skangermobile you have ever seen? Oics would be good ! I saw a Micra down in Skerries about 2 yrsa go and it was an 88 example (the box type) and this guy had every imaginable piece of tack attached to it...including a picnic table spoiler on the back !!! Classic !! Im sick of looking at knobs with pieces of **** thinking they look cool....sorry lads and lassies you're absolute KNACKS!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

What really takes the biscuit is the Celtic printed on the Nujmber plate or the windows sticker of a celtic player P1ssing on a Rangers Jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Thats pretty classy !! The quintessential skangermobile....Starlet Galanza...or piece of sh1t punto with 13" alloys, blacked out windows, drivers seat reclined to 60 degrees and ummmm tisss ummmm tisss music coming from the car....and oh yes lets not forget the essential jonny blue in the right hand ;)

Sizzler wrote:
    Thats pretty classy !! The quintessential skangermobile....Starlet Galanza...or piece of sh1t punto with 13" alloys, blacked out windows, drivers seat reclined to 60 degrees and ummmm tisss ummmm tisss music coming from the car....and oh yes lets not forget the essential jonny blue in the right hand ;)

+ Baseball cap, tracksuit and bumfluff moustache

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

The best one is seeing any car with a Skanger buried into a wall and them mangled in the wreckage now that is nice :D

PMSL !! Thats always a classic!! I was bringing me dear old mother the shops last mth and we took the back roads home from blanch to swords....it had just been raining and out of nowhere a punto flies around the corner out of control...misses me by about a car length and spins around onto our side and slams into a poor aul fella who was making saturday delivery for his bakery. And yes a SKANGER youngfella...all of 19 gets out and rings his da in tears and says "there must have been black ice"...I checked the temp in my car when I got back to it and it was 9degrees....maybe he should watch martin kings weather forecast a bit more often :D Hope he never drives again the little knack. And oh yes he had dance music pumped up to the max on the car....sure why wouldnt he!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah....BarryBoys!

major_sarcasm_corsa_1.jpg

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I really hate those Nissan Micras with the two white lines up the middle - how ridiculous is that. Starlet Glanza's are classic skangermobiles as are Mitsubishi Colts with oversized wheels that came from a Volvo FH10!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

There was a guy around Portlaoise a couple of years ago who had a blinged-up Skoda Felicia. Mad spoilers etc...

pburns wrote:
    There was a guy around Portlaoise a couple of years ago who had a blinged-up Skoda Felicia. Mad spoilers etc...
    LOL

There used to be a guy in Dublin with a blue Lada Riva with KGB written in 1 foot letters down the side, furry dice and all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Can someone answer why *every* single one of these type cars have a for sale sign and mobile number in the wondow. Are they all for sale or is it just part of the "look"? Or is it so that impressed young skangerettes can call the owner and get a ride in the back seat?

• Advertisement

And whats with the ad stickers for the body kits etc on the front wing?

Or printed on the number plate " Micra 1.0L"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭dingding

BrianD3 wrote:
    Can someone answer why *every* single one of these type cars have a for sale sign and mobile number in the wondow. Are they all for sale or is it just part of the "look"? Or is it so that impressed young skangerettes can call the owner and get a ride in the back seat?

LOL :D

BrianD3 wrote:

LMFAO ! Thats sooo true....actually speaking of which...there was some knack driving around the area in a sh1tty hyundai coupe (strips included on the bonnet....classy!) and the picnic table on the back...and of course it was for sale....I texted him and asked him how much....he had the balls to say 7000 but we can negotiate....I replied and told him he was havin a laugh..7000 for a skangermobile....he didnt reply!!:)

mike65 wrote:
    Ah....BarryBoys!

Mike.

Classic website !

Check out this dirtbox....how many of these are there knocking around...I think I have lost count :-)

http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=21073

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭dmck2886

crosstownk wrote:
    Starlet Glanza's are classic skangermobiles as are Mitsubishi Colts with oversized wheels that came from a Volvo FH10!!!

Ahem Mitsubishi Colts are not skangermobiles, I drive one and I am not a skanger.

dmck2886 wrote:
    Ahem Mitsubishi Colts are not skangermobiles, I drive one and I am not a skanger.

The question is though, have u modified it and do you think it looks good? Id say the majority would say....*Reality Check* its a poxy colt....dont even bother messing with nature :-)

All I am going to say is that der I have never seen a skangermobile in the form of a colt so I think you got dis one wrong.

I'll keep my fone handy and as soon as I see one I'll post it:-) Keep the change!

dmck2886 wrote:
    Every make and model has the potential to become a skangermobile. It's how you modify it that determines whether or not it can be classed as a skangermobile. I'll take a photo of the skangerified Colt I see..........

No offence intended, btw

Good man Crosstown...yes I mean a skanger has the capability to drive any aul car...but its the way he destroys it to skank taste that drags it into the gutter of questionable IQ and tastelessness. Theres a fairly rigid list of skangermobiles and Im afraid the colt makes it on there because its a 1.3 and because they are cheap as chips they appeal to the skanger fraternity of "jono, anto" et al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

one of the best I've seen is a Micra with alloys and "maybe" an Aslan sticker, on the side it says TWIN CAN

(shows a deep understanding of the mechanicals!)
    (Tin Can might have been more appropriate ;) )

My definitive Skangermobiles list

1) Nissan Micra
    2) Opel Corsa
    3) Mitsubishi Lancer
    4) Toyota Starlet (GI or Glanza)
    5) Mitsubishi Colt
    6) Subaru Impreza (1.6)

colm_mcm wrote:
    one of the best I've seen is a Micra with alloys and "maybe" an Aslan sticker, on the side it says TWIN CAN

(shows a deep understanding of the mechanicals!)
    (Tin Can might have been more appropriate ;) )
    LMFAO:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

seen a Nissan Sunny (i think!) bout 2 years ago, with flames down the side.. and "Black Stallion" written on it in big letters..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Loathe though I am to contribute to such a "hate thread" - this is my worst nightmare:
    What's the French for Skanger? Le Scanguer? BTW: The only thing about this DS that is 225hp is that badge.
    DS50ans332.jpgDS50ans333.jpg
    DS50ans341.jpgDS50ans342.jpg

I think everyone has forgoten about the skangers favorite the Honda Civic.

not as popular among the skanger fraternity as they were 6 years ago, difficulty getting insurance likely to be the root

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

colm_mcm wrote:
    not as popular among the skanger fraternity as they were 6 years ago, difficulty getting insurance likely to be the root

Still doesn't stop em drivin them, and it was cheaper for me to be insured on a civic than my 1.4 golf.(19, provisional).;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The idea of tarting up a DS is...is beyond words. :(

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

My Mirage (basically a Colt but in Coupe form) isn't what I'd call a skangermobile.. only "mod" is the L plates but I'm working on that! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

mike65 wrote:
    The idea of tarting up a DS is...is beyond words. :(

Mike.
    Oh come now, its only a piece of metal. It could have been so much worse - it could have been converted into a jeep, the quality of the conversion has to be admired. I found a Corgi model of a DS pickup in the attic from when they were used as support cars in the Tour de France.

'cptr

Edit - found this pic on eBay - now that is a fcuked up DS...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,743 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

BrianD3 wrote:

So true and the asking price for a 5 year old skanger Peugeot 206 1.1 is typically about the same as the list price for a brand new one. Keep on dreaming, boyos :)
    colm_mcm wrote:
    Tin Can might have been more appropriate

LOL! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

crosstownk wrote:
    LOL

There used to be a guy in Dublin with a blue Lada Riva with KGB written in 1 foot letters down the side, furry dice and all!

I remember that Lada aswell. It was always around the Firhouse area I remember.

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    My Mirage (basically a Colt but in Coupe form) isn't what I'd call a skangermobile.. only "mod" is the L plates but I'm working on that! :D

I'd have to disagree there. although Donald Fisher in Home and Away had one, so they can't be that cool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

Edit - found this pic on eBay - now that is a fcuked up DS...
    Class - the Magic Roundabout also had an estate model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

mike65 wrote:
    Ah....BarryBoys!

Mike.

WOW :eek: ,thats is bad.i wouldnot even drive it even if i was given it for free :D

• Advertisement

I'm sure the 4 exhausts will help the 1.0 breathe a bit better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

For my education, could someone please give me a definition of a skanger :confused:

Do they come in different models ? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

An Anti-Social Misfit that does not work, is promiscious and generally a sub-human being. :D

here ya go:this is taken fromthe wikipedia website

Scanger or skanger is a derogatory term for the stereotypical member of a youth subculture group in Ireland (especially in the larger cities).
    Scangers bear a lot of resemblance to what are called chavs in Britain. Scangers are similar to chavs in numerous ways, sharing similar dress and lifestyle, but have various indigenous identifying features. The emergence of new slang such as "pikey", "skobie" and "filthy skangs" has prompted widespread debate.

• Advertisement

The Doktor wrote:
    i already had this posted ,your too late:D

The Doktor wrote:
    seen a Nissan Sunny (i think!) bout 2 years ago, with flames down the side.. and "Black Stallion" written on it in big letters..

What motivates ppl to put such KAK on the side of their car??

Twin Cam..."Turbo"....stripes...etc etc...KNACKVILLE....if you are confined to driving a 1 litre then so be it...dont mess with it...if Fiat wanted Puntos be be fcuked with to such a degree they wud have released a skanger model straight off the production line !

Furry dice...."sports" seats....poxy alloys...blacked out windows and a SHOITE exhaust does not make ur car look better or drive better. I dare someone that drives such a car to come on here and justify it :-0)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭5500

Your gonna have to define your skanger criteria abit more.

Do you mean all modified cars in general or people who stick every available piece of tack from halfrauds and freebies from magazines to there car thinking it then looks cool (known in the mod community as "Ricers")

Incedently Fiat did release a skanger model Punto straight from production - the Gt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

the worst has got to be the holes drilled in the air intake to make "that" sound

eireal wrote:
    Your gonna have to define your skanger criteria abit more.

Do you mean all modified cars in general or people who stick every available piece of tack from halfrauds and freebies from magazines to there car thinking it then looks cool (known in the mod community as "Ricers")

Incedently Fiat did release a skanger model Punto straight from production - the Gt!

Well u learn sumthing every day...well its ricers im referring too :-) But its the knacks that drive them and the delusion that they are mad yokes / have cool cars that REALLY irritates me !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

The Doktor wrote:

I see your "Black Stallion" Sunny and raise you the "Wings of Gold" Carina GTiR:
    http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20716&highlight=carina

:eek:

now that RULES!!

cargrouch wrote:
    I see your "Black Stallion" Sunny and raise you the "Wings of Gold" Carina GTiR:
    http://www.barryboys.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=20716&highlight=carina

:eek:
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: How incredibly sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭cargrouch

Sad is right. It must have been around the clock twice as a taxi to bring it into the price range of the the kind of looper that would do that to any car.

cargrouch wrote:
    Sad is right. It must have been around the clock twice as a taxi to bring it into the price range of the the kind of looper that would do that to any car.
    And a Carina at that. Still in shock from seeing that pic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement