Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Hero

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Finally got to play this after looking at it all day in work, absolutly superb game. I play guitar myself and thought it would be a breeze to play but it is quite challenging which is awesome. Can't wait to get the lads round for a few drunken games!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I've been playing against some friends for the last 5 hours. Fabulous stuff, it's perfect for parties and gatherings. Superb song list.

"They don't really want you to play 'Freebird'. They're just heckling you."

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So now that this has been out for a few weeks, how are people finding it?
    Bored, or still playing every night? Any favourite songs?

I'm half way though the Hard skill level (struggling with the 5th button!). Its insanely hard in places...

Favourite Licensed Track: Texas Flood (Stevie Ray Vaughan)
    Favourite Non-Licensed Track: Even Rats (The Slip)

I still can't finish Bark At The Moon on Medium....

Guitar Hero 2 was officially announced this week, with 50 tracks in it altogether. They have a bigger budget, so they can get bigger name licensed tracks. Each song will have 2 streams (either Lead+Rhythm, or Lead+Bass), and there will be co-op play (as well as competitive play). Out in November in the US (same time as last years release), so out here by next April again, hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I see Harvey Norman (the Cork one anyway) has a shedload of them for anyone interested.

Go Harvey go, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

does anyone else find it gets boring playing on easy and medium after a while? hard at least youre playing close to every note not every 4th or 5th one like on easy,try cowboys from hell on hard its a great laugh except for the hammer on and pulloff nightmare in the middle section

• Advertisement

I'm happy with a 4star minimum rating on medium. I'm finding hard reasonably tough going, at least until I get an idea of the new patterns. Even then, my hand muscles often quit before the end of the song (especially towards the end of Bark At The Moon...) Easy has little charm for me anymore, but that's the way of things. when you start getting the hang of something, taking the easy way out isn't as satisfying. You must admit there's a pretty nice sense of achievement once you nail a particular passage on a higher setting...

Oh, and because I haven't seen it referenced yet, http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20060419

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Scratch Acid

Including Frankenstein in this game was a masterstroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

yeah playing take me out and getting a 97% rating on hard has been my personal achievment so far,havent been able to do it since though just scraping 90s all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Still playing regularly enough, about half way through Expert. I'm stuck on Cochise at the minute, the soloish section after the first chorus is causing me no end of trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

should be pointed out the next guitar hero title will have bass!

also, the ps3 version (yes, they're thinking that far ahead) will possibly sync up to sony's itunes thing (sony "connect" i think) where you can just download tracks and play them in guitar hero :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

love this game...but i find crossroads to be most difficult song in it at any difficulty?!?!?!?!?!

its the only one i cant do on medium and i dread what it will be like on medium.

2 player is a blast with the alternating the verses and tunes...lots of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Stoichkov

I just can't get past crossroads on expert. I have it under control but it just gets messy and falls apart.

Has anyone tried the cheat code to get the extra track Trippolette?

It makes expert crossroads look like a walk in the park.

Check out the madness of it: Trippolette

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Stoichkov wrote:
    Check out the madness of it: Trippolette

jesus.. you'd need 12 fingers on your left hand to play that..

played it in smiths the other day and really enjoyed it, the 75 price tag is putting me off though..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I got it from SendIt for about €65 with free shipping, if that's more appealing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Partial Track List for GH2 (to be shown at E3 next week):

Black Sabbath's "War Pigs"
    Butthole Surfers' "Who Was in My Room Last Night?"
    KISS' "Strutter"
    Rush's "YYZ"
    Reverend Horton Heat's "Psychobilly Freakout"
    Van Halen's "You Really Got Me"

Apart from Van Halen, can't say I'm familiar with any of those tracks.
    Full article on Eurogamer

War Pigs = winnar!

And if they should include some KISS makeup with the finished game, it cannot POSSIBLY fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I might just wait until GH2 to buy it, then.
    That's what you get for announcing the sequel so early! :p

Oh, and where the f**k is Pink Floyd's "Comfortably Numb"? (apart from "in licensing-lala-land")

Advertisement