Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juventus - Arsenal

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ooooooooooooh! Getting closer...!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Arsenal are too deep.

Arsene should have got a hypnotist in and got him to make them think Juventus were Villa!!!!

Nedved off for a dreadful tackle on Eboue.

Just when he was making a difference. Looks like Juve are imploding again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

how are they top of serie A?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

that should do it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

Anyone know the RTE sport email ?

Ahh Hleb great run same he couldn't finish it. 10 minutes to go !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

THese are worse to watch than chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

The Werder Bremen players must be sickened watching this tripe from Juve. :rolleyes:

Juve are top of Serie A because Milan had a very poor (by their standards) first half of the season, losing 5 games and drawing in games that they should have won. Same with Inter. Juve just kept plugging away getting their wins. Lucky for them that their first half of the season was so good, otherwise they might have been in trouble in Serie A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭galwaydude

well done arsenal so far. They are all over the italians. I can see them doing a liverpool now and winning the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭ThE_IVIAcIVIAIV

lets all email rte sport and complain because of liam brady being biased lol

Ah Chippie sounds fine to me *

* may be a biased opinion ;)

Full Time 0 - 0

Semi Finals here we come :D

Well done Arsenal.

Shocking stuff really, hardly a decent move in the game from either side! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Sh*t yeah. Don't care how boring that was. Arsenal fully deserved to go through. Villlarreal here we come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Woo-hoo, senderos was the man tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Juve are top of Serie A because Milan had a very poor (by their standards) first half of the season, losing 5 games and drawing in games that they should have won. Same with Inter. Juve just kept plugging away getting their wins. Lucky for them that their first half of the season was so good, otherwise they might have been in trouble in Serie A.

Juve are top of Seire A because they are the best team in the league, simple as that. Only lost one game this season. Inter had a chance to get the gap and make a decent race of it when they plan at the San siro but lost 2-1.

People shouldnt look at league tables when passing comment on teams in Europe. Liverpool proved that last season, and Arsenal are doing it this season. League form means very little in Europe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I agree 100% to be honest.
    Juve have just been grinding out results while Milan/Inter/Roma/Fiorentina have been trying to win through exciting football, juve just play solidly, bit like chelsea to be honest.
    If milan had have had a better start they would be miles ahead of juve, the nest team is certainly not winning the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

surely the best team is the one with the most points? i mean, sunderland are not the best team in the premier league :)

anyway, i actually think arsenal could go on and win the CL.

so, now having officially given them my backing, they will no doubt go out and instantly lose their next game and get knocked out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Seaneh wrote:
    If milan had have had a better start they would be miles ahead of juve, the nest team is certainly not winning the league.
    If Treviso had have won all their games so far they would be top of the league. The most exiting team may not be top of the league, but the best team is, by nine points.

Well done Arsenal. Would love to see them win it. Some more great performances from them again. Toure and Eboue, who looks better and better every time I see him, were outstanding. Lehmann, again, sure as he has been all season.

Giles on RTE having a go that Arsenal should have really gone at Juventus talking through his A-hole again. Arsenal have a huge game on Sunday, they were cruising to victory tonight, why bother step it up? They still had four chances which they definitely should have scored.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

no showpiece final this year. at least we get to see barca v milan twice
    Well done Arsenal. Would love to see them win it. Some more great performances from them again

i think i left my sentamentality in my other pants or something, i hope arsenal crash and burn sooner rather than later. a new stadium and champions league winners money wouldnt do liverpool any favours.

good to see them beat juve though :x

el rabitos wrote:

Yeah, nobody wants to see a Barca - Arsenal final :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

Yeah, nobody wants to see a Barca - Arsenal final

i dont

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

el rabitos wrote:

Berca Vs. Arsenal

Milan Vs. Arsenal.

they ain't bad final fixtures.

but yeah, Milan Vs. Aerca would have been a much bigger oceasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Juve were shocking over the two legs. Didn't play anywhere near their best! Well done the gunners though. Only Villereal between them and the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

fair play gunners,hope you go on and win it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Well done to Arsenal, I really do have a feeling they'll go on to win it! 'Tis made for Henry/Wenger (half the Arsenal squad) being in the Stade de france etc. I hope they do it tbh

Just a word of warning to all the non Arsenal fans who want them to win the competition. As an Arsenal fan, last year I really wanted Liverpool to win it. Then I never heard the end of that victory and deeply regret supporting Liverpool last season. Be careful what you wish for. Then again there aren't that many Arsenal fans around.

el rabitos wrote:
    i think i left my sentamentality in my other pants or something, i hope arsenal crash and burn sooner rather than later. a new stadium and champions league winners money wouldnt do liverpool any favours.
    If Liverpool concentrate on Liverpool they will do just fine. I couldn't what Arsenal, Chelsea or Manchester United do in the Summer, or where that money come from. I bet Rafa Benitez doesn't either.

I can't see myself regretting cheering Arsenal on. They are a great side to watch when in the mood, and have some players that I really admire. And if they win their supporters can gloat all they want, they have the trophy to back it up. I wouldn't be too worried anyway though because they will probably bottle it :p

Enough of this! G'wan Arsenal! If it was Chelsea I'd be hoping for crash and burn but the Gunners derserve thier success.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How come Juve didnt play anyone in Midfield?

They were attrocious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Congrats to Arsenal.
    As for Juventus, don't know what to say. They were simply awful in both legs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Scary to think either Arsenal or Villareal will be in the final this year. Who'd have predicted that! I hope Villareal win it all. I like Riquelme and it'd be an even bigger underdog story than Liverpool.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

I predicted a score draw but got the nil all draw.

Wasnt entertaining stuff but other then a few nervous moments around the 70 minute mark it was easy enough for them and Arsenal did have the better of the chances. Should have put one away but sure I dont mind cause they are saving it for Sunday ;)

Senderous was good as was Toure and Eboue.
    Midfield wasnt great, Hleb was poor as was Reyes. Henry had a good game. Always dangerous when he got the ball.

Anyway roll on Villareal. Not taking anything for granted but id prefer to play them then AC or Barca which should be a fantastic game too.

A good home performance will be very important and to keep important players injury free aswell. Hopefully cole will be back soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭marky4

well done arsenal, even thought they didnt play well. 1 player i would love to see liverpool sign is Fabergas, he is such a talent, especially for such a young player he showed no pressure, he ran around juve like he would of my little brother,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Oh yea forgot to add that Arsenal now hold the record for the most conescutive clean sheets in europe. 8 in a row!

Not bad for a defense that cost about 5 million! Smoke that one Jose!

Pigman II wrote:
    Scary to think either Arsenal or Villareal will be in the final this year. Who'd have predicted that! I hope Villareal win it all. I like Riquelme and it'd be an even bigger underdog story than Liverpool.
    Is it really that surprising though? Liverpool, Porto and Monoco all making the final in the last couple of years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Is it really that surprising though? Liverpool, Porto and Monoco all making the final in the last couple of years.

Yeah but they were all top clubs 20 years ago. Villareal (bankrolled I presume?) seem to have come out of nowhere and are from a small town too.

Yeah they were saying last night that they are only in existence about 20 years or so, and have only been in La Liga for 5 seasons or so. They've done great for their debut season.
    They are interesting semi-finals. Two heavy-weights and two underdogs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The only thing worth watching from tonights highlights on RTE was the lady at the very end of RTE's programme (at the credits). She was the sexiest thing I've ever seen. :eek: Only in Spain...

Also, was Giles on drugs? I never really respected his opinions but tonight he was taking the biscuit. Barcelona aren't a good team but they're probably the best team in the CL... Arsenal didn't have a plan on the ball... Strachan never wanted Keane...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

The only thing worth watching from tonights highlights on RTE was the lady at the very end of RTE's programme (at the credits). She was the sexiest thing I've ever seen. Only in Spain...

I demand a picture!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Class.
    We're playing our best football at the right time of the season.
    Bring on the "Villa!"
    Now who got tickets in the draw for the Final and
    (A) Can't go
    (B) Doesn't support Arsenal?

I'll buy 2 tickets please.
    All the people who got them can't all the Arsenal supporters? :o

eirebhoy wrote:
    Also, was Giles on drugs? I never really respected his opinions but tonight he was taking the biscuit. Barcelona aren't a good team but they're probably the best team in the CL... Arsenal didn't have a plan on the ball... Strachan never wanted Keane...
    Yeah, I don't think he could comprehend the thought that Arsenal have a big game on Sunday hence couldn't be bothered trying to go out and trash Juve tonight seeing as they were already winning.

okidoki987 wrote:
    Class.
    We're playing our best football at the right time of the season.
    Bring on the "Villa!"
    Now who got tickets in the draw for the Final and
    (A) Can't go
    (B) Doesn't support Arsenal?

I'll buy 2 tickets please.
    All the people who got them can't all the Arsenal supporters? :o

Just in case you missed it... Arsenal are through to the semi final, not the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

damo wrote:
    I demand a picture!!
    So do I. :) The fact that RTE showed a woman in the stands in the 30 seconds of highlights tells you all you need to know. She was something special. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Watched most of the match, wasn't impressed with either team tbh, was the first leg much better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Woo-hoo, senderos was the man tonight.

i'm afraid no one on the pitch was the man tonight, it was one of the worst/boring games ive seen in ages

if you noticed, even the camera men were sh1te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Giles has gone senile.

Arsenal FTW (not sunday :D)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

:D

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement