Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paranormal Investigation in Galway?

Options
  • 01-04-2006 7:28pm

I was just wondering what the possibility of ever doing an investigation in Galway sometime would be?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sussie

why have you got somewhere in mind ? :)

sussie wrote:
    why have you got somewhere in mind ? :)

Not at the moment, but I could do some research into it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sussie

let us know if you come up with anything ?:)

Okay.

There is a pub in Galway which is reported to be haunted by the spirit of a nun. It's a relatively old pub called the Hole in the Wall.

As you go in the front entrance, there is a stairs going up to where the old ladies toilets used to be, and a blocked off area. There have been times where bar-people were pulling pints, looked to the stairs, and saw a nun walking down before vanishing.

There is also a shed area they use as a bottlebar during the summer, which was a funeral home years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭IronMan

Okay.

There is a pub in Galway which is reported to be haunted by the spirit of a nun. It's a relatively old pub called the Hole in the Wall.

As you go in the front entrance, there is a stairs going up to where the old ladies toilets used to be, and a blocked off area. There have been times where bar-people were pulling pints, looked to the stairs, and saw a nun walking down before vanishing.

There is also a shed area they use as a bottlebar during the summer, which was a funeral home years ago.

The Hole in the Wall is haunted alright. Any time I go there I feel strangly uneasy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭finnpark

IronMan wrote:
    Any time I go there I feel strangly uneasy.

It may something to do with the fact that it is a sleazy, dirty, dark and disgusting dump. I was upstairs - didn't see any ghosts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭CornsnakeKeeper

I just stumbled along this thread thru a google search...have no fears I realise how old it is lol but I know a few places in Loughrea Town that definitely have something ''going on''. I've lived in both.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Not sure whereabouts - but there was a Galway (I think) house featured on the TV Show "A Haunting" - I was terrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Thats interesting, cos i always got a funny feeling off that place (hole in the wall pub) but i put it down to the place been dark and tiny. Those toilets did creep me out tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

I just stumbled along this thread thru a google search...have no fears I realise how old it is lol but I know a few places in Loughrea Town that definitely have something ''going on''. I've lived in both.

News to me, and I spent a lot of time in Loughrea at one point in my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ticktactoe wrote: »
    Thats interesting, cos i always got a funny feeling off that place (hole in the wall pub) but i put it down to the place been dark and tiny. Those toilets did creep me out tho!

IS that on Eyre Sqaure. If it is the pub I am thinking about it has a great smoking section and I have spent some amzingingly comatose evenings slumped across a garden bench talking pure shite and solving Ireland crippling economic problems.

Riamfada wrote: »
    IS that on Eyre Sqaure. If it is the pub I am thinking about it has a great smoking section and I have spent some amzingingly comatose evenings slumped across a garden bench talking pure shite and solving Ireland crippling economic problems.

Lol, its off Eyre Square down Eyre Street near McSwiggans pub. I think the name of the pub is quite fitting.

Anything Irish and alcohol related named "McSwiggans'" has got to be good. I love Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

I was just wondering what the possibility of ever doing an investigation in Galway sometime would be?

There is quite a few places around Galway that are worth a look, even more so than the HiTW.
    If you do find a location definitely let us know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 andyd1976

Hi i have been on a couple of ghost hunts myself and am looking at setting up a team within the roscommon/galway area i have done investigations at dungaire castle in Kinvara amongst a few others there are a few places that look good in my area and the loughrea area too

Does Dungaire run paranormal nights?

Hi when we done Kinvara we went with another team i think it was a one off but if i hear of anything else comming up i will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭feelio

andyd1976 wrote: »
    Hi when we done Kinvara we went with another team i think it was a one off but if i hear of anything else comming up i will let you know.

Where are you based andy?have you got a team set up yet?

Hi, I am based in Ballinlough Co. Roscommon I am looking at setting up a team with in the Roscommon area if I can but things are just in the planning stages at the mometent.
    Are you looking at joining a team ?

andyd1976 wrote: »
    Hi, I am based in Ballinlough Co. Roscommon I am looking at setting up a team with in the Roscommon area if I can but things are just in the planning stages at the mometent.
    Are you looking at joining a team ?

Sound, have an interest in the paranormal, have been to a couple of investigations with 2 other groups at ross castle, co.cavan. I doubt there is any para groups from roscommon, there is one in sligo. I'm based in carrick on shannon myself....would like to join a group that's based near me alright & investigate locations...i have page set up on facebook, just type in roscommon paranormal, haven't used it for a while though :(

• Advertisement

feelio wrote: »
    Sound, have an interest in the paranormal, have been to a couple of investigations with 2 other groups at ross castle, co.cavan. I doubt there is any para groups from roscommon, there is one in sligo. I'm based in carrick on shannon myself....would like to join a group that's based near me alright & investigate locations...i have page set up on facebook, just type in roscommon paranormal, haven't used it for a while though :(

Me interested too. Am south roscommon.

Isnt Boyle the UFO capital of Ireland? Why arnt you guys UFO spotting?

Ticktactoe wrote: »
    Me interested too. Am south roscommon.

check out roscommon paranormal on facebook :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Karona

I'd be interested in a Galway team... if anyone has one set up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 marktemple1966

my wife and myself are ghost hunters just moved over to Dunmore co galway from England I am a trained medium and we are looking for like minded people to start group

Advertisement