Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vocalist Wanted for Galway City Band

Options
  • 01-04-2006 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Band Member Details:
    Electric Guitar Player; 10 years experience
    Bass player: 15 years experience
    Drummer: 6 years experience
    Average Age of current members: 25, all male.
    Rythym Guitarist also on the cards, but not advertising for one at the moment.

Equipment
    All with decent equipment incl a recording studio, practice area, transport. Shure SM 58 waiting if needed.

Aim
    Looking for a singer, male or female whos into playin cover songs along the lines of rock or popular / good stuff with an aim to play gigs in the city and surrounding areas.

If interested please give some examples of stuff you'd like to sing. Very open to a diverse mix. Whatever can possibly work well to produce an entertaining setlist. Gigs = Money & Craic. PM if you prefer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭IrishAirCorps

I sang some Oasis a few years ago in school if thats any good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭anothervictim

Thats good. If you want to get up there and sing you're more than welcome. I'd be up for doin a few oasis songs. Morning glory has some class songs on it. If you want to try it out, you can pick say 2 oasis songs you're familiar with and 1 non-oasis song, then myself and the band can learn them and then get together and play them. (think of songs that would suit a live show, upbeat, energetic, rocky. e.g. "whats the story morning glory")

How about personal details, like age, play musical instrument, location, got transport? times you'd be free to practice. you can PM any personal details of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Hey. I have a fair bit of experience in singing. I also have play guitar for 4 years so i might be able to help out with rythym. I can sing Hendrix, Arctic Monkesy, chili peppers, U2 you name it. If I know it I can generally make a good stab at it.
    Im 19 and in college in NUIG & living in town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭IrishAirCorps

Email me if you want

mr_ed68@hotmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

How did this work out lads ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭anothervictim

Ive had some replies, but havent had anyone up yet. Apologies to those I havent replied to in a while. Im just about to go on holidays for 2 weeks, so I was goin to leave until I came back.

Obviously not everyone who wants to sing will have common interests, so whoever want to try just send a pm with your music interests and details, casual try out. thanks.

Advertisement