Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Full & Cheap -VS- 1/6 and dear

Options
  • 01-04-2006 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'd like to know if any of you have any idea as to which is best for your money, to get a full tank and save maybe 3c per litre (so that's about €1.20) total for a 40 odd litre tank (which is around what mine is, which gives me about 300 miles) or to get less petrol and pay more for it judging by the fact that when you have more petrol in your tank, you will use more because of the extra weight.

I'm almost certain the extra weight would use nowhere near €1.20's worth, plus the conveniance of not having to fill up so often is probably worth it too. Anyone know for sure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

o dear, are things really that bad? :)

I very much doubt the extra weight in fuel would burn up your saving resulting from a fill up. Sorting out your tyre pressures & emptying your boot of general rubbish would be a better idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Watching too much F1 me thinks.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

cormie wrote:
    Hi,
    I'd like to know if any of you have any idea as to which is best for your money, to get a full tank and save maybe 3c per litre (so that's about €1.20) total for a 40 odd litre tank (which is around what mine is, which gives me about 300 miles) or to get less petrol and pay more for it judging by the fact that when you have more petrol in your tank, you will use more because of the extra weight.

I'm almost certain the extra weight would use nowhere near €1.20's worth, plus the conveniance of not having to fill up so often is probably worth it too. Anyone know for sure?

just relax about petrol, you wonot save much money on it.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

ciarsd wrote:
    I very much doubt the extra weight in fuel would burn up your saving resulting from a fill up.

Might do for me, I have an 80lt fuel tank. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

hehe, ah sure, it's good to know these things, save me wasting loads of money in the years to come! So it'll be a case of running on empty until I find a cheap station where I can fill it up:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Stekelly wrote:
    Might do for me, I have an 80lt fuel tank. :)

Petrol, or 'paraffin'?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

kaizersoze wrote:
    Watching too much F1 me thinks.:)
    ya and with an empty tank you might compromise the handling a bit too depending on where its located....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dont drive with an empty tank, a) you might run out of fuel (how embarrassing) and b) the fuel lines might get contiminated with tiny specs of debris that tend to accumalate at the bottom of the tank, esp in older cars.

Mike.

Advertisement